Blue hog hair thanks to tanner

Submitted by JENNIFER on 2/23/06 at 3:08 PM. ( ) 70.243.166.81

My hog hide was tanned in a blue barrel and now the grey and black hair is bright blue. Any suggestions on getting it out? And to the guy who did my tanning (you know who you are) I hope your whitetail capes come out blue!

Return to Tanning Category Menu

I cant believe this

This response submitted by oldshaver on 2/23/06 at 8:22 PM. ( ) 68.221.49.155

How someone had nerve enough to send you back a blue hog, is beyond me! Ferrel hogs are a dime a dozen. Make him replace it! I saw a green Dall sheep cape, back in the 80's, believe it or not. My guess, your not going to get that blue out, you will be wasting your time trying.

That is what I'm afraid of.

This response submitted by Jennifer on 2/23/06 at 8:45 PM. ( ) 70.243.166.81

It is just the sentimental value. It was a 300lb+ hog shot by a nine year old kid. His first kill.

Hope you get it out

This response submitted by Pirate on 2/24/06 at 8:52 AM. ( ) 151.196.98.43

I'm taking my son on his first hunt tomorrow and he is nine also. He wants to shoot a ram at one of the game farms. I don't normally hunt on the farms but I thought it would be a positive first experiance for him. He's been hunting with me for several years. I couldn't image losing his first animal. I tan my own hides though. I wish you the best of luck and hope you can find a way to get it out. You might want to try and contact Bruce Rittel. He has a lot of chemicals that do some amazing things. He's also nice to talk to and will give you a load of advise. He will be at the PA show next month if you live anywhere near there. Once again good luck.

Return to Tanning Category Menu