Where are the good taxidermies out there please reponds.

Submitted by corey on 2/23/06 at 8:50 PM. ( eschettec@bellsouth.net ) 72.150.58.200

how to tan bullfrog skin? i been wonder where are the good taxidermies. because i post "how to tan bullfrog skin? "before and i can't find anyone to question. please help?

Return to Tanning Category Menu

Corey...

This response submitted by Greg Waite on 2/23/06 at 9:03 PM. ( ) 204.116.125.11

I don't know about your last post but if it was worded anywhere like this one, it's no wonder you didn't get a response. There are a lot of taxidermy talent on this site, but they might not be on here 24/7. Secondly, some talented taxidermist specialize, ie just do birds, just do fish, just do mammals. So that leaves us here, I have never tanned a "bullfrog skin", but there is a list of rules and etiquete on the first page of this forum, try using the search button, orange button <- <- to the left. Click on it and type in tanning bullfrog skin. If then you cannot find the answer, try 1 please and at least 1 thank you. You may actually get your answer. I'm not trying to be an ...hole, but if you want an answer sometimes being polite gets you one.

bull frog

This response submitted by paul bunyan on 2/23/06 at 9:58 PM. ( ) 216.108.218.190

Are not normally done as in normal fashion taxidermy, although you can mount one if your very careful and creative. for best results most of us cast them. If you were going to try something for the giggles of it I probally might try snaketan or something similar.
Good luck to you.

the good taxidermist

This response submitted by Mr.T on 2/23/06 at 10:51 PM. ( ) 64.31.6.154

The good ones do not fart around with bullfrogs. They are not moneymakers, and hunters do not bring them in hopes of putting them above the fireplace. I have never had anyone call and ask, or try to knock me down on my bullfrog prices.
BTW, after you tan it, are you doing a full sneak, or a rreeeddeeeepp! pose.

I would..

This response submitted by JC on 2/24/06 at 10:11 PM. ( ) 204.62.206.252

go with the airborne semi-ribbitt pose myself.

JUST WANT HELP

This response submitted by Corey on 2/25/06 at 1:14 AM. ( ) 72.150.58.200

Not trying to be an ---hole. just need good advice. i had post this same question 3 times in 1 year and a half no answer. JUST NEED SOME GOOD ADVICE sorry if oneone took it the wrong way.

Frog Novelties

This response submitted by Michael Lepien on 2/28/06 at 9:07 PM. ( ) 24.116.101.98

The reptile or snake tan is the best. It's a start to keep the skin from peeling. Kind of like a catfish skin. The frog novelties are quite profitable in the off season for smaller taxidermists. I've done several, the last one I caught while bass fishing. ha. It was a keeper. The key is the skinning process. No holes. After you have inserted some wire, use fish filler and as it is hardening shape and pose the frog as you want it. It will take some time and practice to get it right. The fish filler drys light weight, so get the position right. Be sure you put the wire through the feet to anchor it down in poition if used in a standing jumping posture. Hope this helps.
I've been doing taxidermy for 30 years. Nothing wrong with a little creativity.

thank you michael

This response submitted by corey on 3/3/06 at 10:12 PM. ( ) 72.150.58.200

thank you for the info. but iam more interested dye and tanning frog skins for leather for boot ,belts ,wallets, motorbike seats. if you have any on dye or tanning info. on frog skins. thank you corey

Return to Tanning Category Menu