jrts does'nt seem to be a "cream"

Submitted by red on 2/23/06 at 9:42 PM. ( ) 69.136.35.115

I just got some & it's not really cream, more like heavy water. Has it always been like that or did they change the formula? I plan on using it like George R does. Turn,salt,rinse,final flesh,tan,wash,mount. George if you read this...isn't this the way you do it? It says on the bottle to use endol to mothproof.What's that about? George give me some direction.
Thanks

Return to Tanning Category Menu

Not quite red

This response submitted by George on 2/23/06 at 10:05 PM. ( georoof@aol.com ) 152.163.100.198

I flesh, salt, rinse, tan, wash, spin dry, towel dry the fleshy side, final shave and then mount.

If they've changed the formula, I haven't gotten to it yet. I order the stuff by the case and what I have is still the same. Did you shake the jug. The lanolin always settles in the bottom, but I never said it was a "cream" tan. It's a paint on, much like LiquiTan or McKenzie Tan. It looks like Kalua and milk when mixed properly and it smells like lanolin.

Oops. Forgot.

This response submitted by George on 2/23/06 at 10:12 PM. ( ) 152.163.100.198

I don't think Endol is available in the US without a license. Maybe, but instead, during my final wash after it's been tanned,I use Knobloch's ProTex PreSoak. It has bug proofing qualities in it.

i dont know what the old stuff was if it changed but

This response submitted by paul e on 2/24/06 at 7:08 AM. ( amfpaul@bellsouth.net ) 65.6.122.230

the new stuff if it has changed works fine
and im not pickling like George
it has a great amount of stretch compaired to any submersible that needs to be neutralized
i use the stop rot up front with it and soak in wtds leatherizing acid for 30 min. in a strong brine
paul e

Return to Tanning Category Menu