McKenzie Tan for a Mink

Submitted by Sébastien on 2/1/06 at 2:08 PM. ( sebastien.fromm@wanadoo.fr ) 86.204.235.110

can I use McKenzie Tan for a Mink?
The first experiment was catastrophic: the hairs fell after tanning with McKenzie tan. I had not to degrease the skin enough.
Thank's

Return to Tanning Category Menu

No problems

This response submitted by Mark on 2/1/06 at 3:18 PM. ( Mitrooper27@yahoo.com ) 136.181.195.45

McTan works great and I have done several mink with it as well. I dont think the tan was your problem the first time. Good luck

it's not the tan

This response submitted by John W. on 2/1/06 at 4:47 PM. ( ) 66.249.34.187

S,your problem isn't coming fromthe tan.McKenzie tan and all the other tans can't cure a skin that's not gone through the tanning process correctly or because of rough handling.Could you have left the skin{hair side}too wet?I let my skins drain for 20-30 minutes,then roll them up in a towel for another 10 minutes or so and then apply Liqua-tan.Also,after tanning don't pull on the hair til the hides dry if your mounting the critter,or if your making a throw piece wait til the skins in it's damp-dry state before you start breaking,and make sure your stretching the hide on the skin side{not stretching on the hair side where your pulling on the hair}.

Return to Tanning Category Menu