Mr. Eymard makes his writing debut.

Submitted by Glen Conley on 3/18/06 at 3:51 PM. ( g.conley@verizon.net ) 70.104.122.241

Mr. Eymard makes his web article writing debut with a contribution on hidetanning.net describing his STOP-ROT experience after Hurricane Katrina ripped through our south.

Mr. Eymard has been a frequent contributor on this Forum, here we know him as: paul e.

Paul's article, along with a couple of photos of his mounts and him (he takes a much better picture than his Uncle George) can be found at this address:

www.hidetanning.net/STOPROTvsKatrina.html

A real life STOP-ROT Extremes page has been started with Craig Wyrick. Craig salvages a frozen for forty years bass in his article. I didn't have a picture of Craig, but I linked from his article to his web site, his picture can be found there (he too takes a better picture than his Uncle George). His account can be found at this address:

www.hidetanning.net/StopRotExtremes.html

Both of the above cases have got to be some kind of record.
There has been a number of us wonder as to how long would a cape still be good if it were STOP-ROT treated and frozen and the freezer went out, or if it were shipped and then delayed, or temporarily lost in shipping. When you read Paul's article, you'll probably come away with an answer of, "We still don't know."

We all know that there are literally tons of freezer burned, freezer dried specimens all across the nation (some of you are probably sitting there and grinning and thinking, "I own a few pounds of that number.") Many of these would have at one time been some really GOOD stuff. Another case of wondering, how bad does it have to be before STOP-ROT is ineffective on freezer burn? When you read Craig's article, you will probably come away with the answer of, "We still don't know."

Everyone has done a super job of keeping us all informed here on the Forums in regards to their personal STOP-ROT experiences, and I do appreciate that. If any of you would care to do so, I would like to add some of your experiences to the STOP-ROT Extremes page. Through most of the year, 80% plus of the hidetanning.net site vistors come in off search engines, and the STOP-ROT pages do get a fair amount of traffic.
Thanks to all of you.

Glen

Return to Tanning Category Menu

My DOG takes a better picture than me Glen

This response submitted by George on 3/18/06 at 4:53 PM. ( georoof@aol.com ) 205.188.116.132

So what's the big deal. Do you want me to send you a picture of my dog? LMAO

YEP! Send the picture of the dawg,

This response submitted by Glen on 3/19/06 at 10:44 AM. ( ) 70.104.122.241

a picture of you, and an article for hidetanning.net. A human interest article about the NTA would be nice. I figure that would be right down your alley.

Don't worry about what your picture looks like. I can fancy it up a mite with a couple of different photo programs. A nice set of horns might enhance.

i wrote a little in the 3rd grade

This response submitted by paul e on 3/20/06 at 10:47 AM. ( amfpaul@bellsouth.net ) 65.6.117.125

i think i was 15 or 16
and i used the good crayons too!

Return to Tanning Category Menu