deerskin Jacket

Submitted by Shooter on 3/20/06 at 10:40 PM. ( ccannon@taxidermy.net ) 66.175.168.49

I have a friend who's father passed away reciently. He has a suede jacket with deer skin on the shoulders. The deer skin is splitting badly and will rip with just the slightest pressure. the seam has split on on side, both sides have torn.

He wants me to try to repair the jacket as best I can (sentimental Value) so that he can have it put into a glass frame.

I'm going to have to rip the seam and do the repair from the underside. I don't think that stitches will hold because the skin is extremely thin and rips easily.

I am thinking of patching with an Iron on type patch. There in lies the delima. What would be the best to make this patch with.

I told him that I could make no promises.

Thanks for any help on this one.

Clif Cannon

Return to Tanning Category Menu

leather glue

This response submitted by John W. on 3/21/06 at 12:25 AM. ( ) 12.215.62.206

Shooter,I can't think of the name of the company,it's in Peoria Illinois,it's a leather products company-they sell a glue thats suppose to bond leather to leather,I just can't think of the name off hand,but anyway there is a glue to adhere leather to leather,thats probably your only option if you can't use stitches.

your leather is...

This response submitted by terryr on 3/21/06 at 1:42 AM. ( ) 12.207.33.102

suffering from acid rot - good luck on your repairs - as soon as yuou get one place fixed another will open up

Return to Tanning Category Menu