mitchell ulrich

Submitted by rocky scovel on 3/25/06 at 9:25 AM. ( ) 64.136.27.225

on a scale of 1-10 what would you rate your auto tanner for quality of a tanned deer cape and convenice thanks for any comments

Return to Tanning Category Menu

I think-

This response submitted by oldshaver on 3/25/06 at 7:11 PM. ( ) 68.221.5.206

The selling point of the auto-tanner is speed of tanning by pressure. The quality of the tan involves the tan added to the auto tanner. The product itself cannot produce a better tan. It will probablly speed up pickle times, but that is about it. I cant see being in that big of a hurry, to invest the money. An extra 24 hours, with the right chemicals will produce the same results. Bottom line, you can spend $100 at your local ag supply, on a rubber-maid tub, and do the same thing, and you wont have to worry about your tub breaking down, or getting a pressure leak. Just my opinion.

OLD SHAVER

This response submitted by ROCKY SCOVEL on 3/25/06 at 8:22 PM. ( ) 64.136.27.225

THANKS FOR YOUR ADVICE YOU BRING GOOD ADVICE TO THE TABLE.

Rocky

This response submitted by Trapper on 3/26/06 at 2:52 PM. ( ) 67.149.234.213

Rocky: Was gone getting ready for Turkey season, sorry didn't reply sooner..see the original post.

Oldshaver,,,no offense, but I don't care for an open tub sitting around in my shop, with my luck I'm sure to fall in it or trip over it, and when I wanted to empty it, I'm sure that I'd spill water all over the place trying to drag it out the door. Its not that I'm accident prone ,just my law of averages. If I really needed to I could get a lot of capes tanned in 24 hours! Tan time is about 3 hours, drum can hold 3-4 capes. Do the math...

time tick toc

This response submitted by ej on 3/26/06 at 3:41 PM. ( . ) 216.114.124.121

Trapper...buy a lid for the tub. buy a 4 leaf clover. get a bigger shop. do the math. the preasure barrels are a waist of time. try an enzyme.

thanks trapper

This response submitted by rocky scovel on 3/26/06 at 5:42 PM. ( ) 64.136.27.225

i'm leaning at buying one . i think i'll like the convenince of one i'm almost done with my winter lay off for my full time job so taxidermy work time will be hard 2 come by normally i have my deer done by now but i did a little advertising this year and i went from 18-20 a year to 60 deer this year . thanks trapper for your reply

No problem

This response submitted by Trapper on 3/26/06 at 9:48 PM. ( ) 67.149.234.213

Hope things work out well for you! (get a bigger shop..sounds so simple doesnt it)

Return to Tanning Category Menu