mink gland busted need help fast

Submitted by john on 3/27/06 at 5:53 PM. ( )

i was skinning a mink and got the first gland out no problem then to the second and pop about 1/4 of the essents came out of the gland does anyone have anything they use that is readily avilable at the grocery store,wal-mart. i cant throught it away its not mine as though i would like

thanks i hope some has something

Return to Tanning Category Menu

Soap and Water

This response submitted by 9 on 3/27/06 at 6:10 PM. ( )

Have fun scrubbing and cleaning.
Remember, it's oily. Use a good grease-buster. Dawn works wonders.

Can of Beer

This response submitted by steve on 3/27/06 at 7:38 PM. ( )

Beer works rather well. I learned this from an old timer who used to trap nuisance animals for the city. It does work on skunks also. Its a quick fix for anyones dog that has an encounter with a skunk. For a dog use a 6-pack in the tub. It works wonders.

This response submitted by ej on 3/27/06 at 8:40 PM. ( . )

yea! bottoms up! a mink sticks worse than a skunk. but it doesn't last 1/10 th as long. try baking soda! same thing you neutralize your hides with.

Turn a fan on

This response submitted by Joey Arender on 3/27/06 at 11:38 PM. ( J32a@aol.com )

To clear the room pointed out a window. finish skinning, fleshing and a quick rinse in Dawn, make sure to rinse the soap out well. roll in a towel then tan or dp. The smell will be gone faster then you will think as I have seen it done and was ran out maybe purposely. it lingered longer in the air then it remained in the skin. Have fun

This response submitted by MIKE on 3/28/06 at 9:57 PM. ( )

Try tomato juice. It worked for the Partridge family when they had a skunk on their bus. Ruebin Kincaid rules. Joking aside, it does dilute smell. Good luck.

Return to Tanning Category Menu