has anyone used that fleshing blade sharpener by research

Submitted by red on 3/28/06 at 8:07 PM. ( ) 69.136.35.115

I can't seem to get any edge on my blade. I have trouble with it holding an edge.Thought I might try it. Or should I just send it out to be reground. Any comments,ideas, or ...
thanks

Return to Tanning Category Menu

research

This response submitted by mw on 3/28/06 at 11:07 PM. ( ) 207.69.137.39

i have used them many times for regrinding. the turn around time is usually less than a week and they have done a good job on the blades for me.

Never again

This response submitted by Dan's Fur on 3/29/06 at 10:57 PM. ( () ) 204.119.19.105

Not to bash a good turn around time, which was really good, but there was way too little lip. I have sent in blades for sharpening that had slightly more than what I got back from them. Sharp, yes, lip, no. That blade lasted me about 3 weeks even trying to baby some more time out of it to justify sharpening expense. Despite the 6 week turn-around from Van Dykes, they have a superior sharpening, tho I have never tried any of the other places out there for their services which I hear are good also.

I'm With Dan

This response submitted by Mark on 3/29/06 at 11:49 PM. ( mtmmvruno@lakeland.ws ) 69.4.120.72

The blades didn't last as long as the ones I recieve from Van Dykes. Wish Van Dykes had a little better service but I like alot of their products. I also have only used the 2,Mark

Return to Tanning Category Menu