Pluck & shearing beaver

Submitted by tomdes on 4/4/06 at 6:43 PM. ( mapletax@twcny.rr.com ) 24.58.211.158

I know USA Foxx does this along with the tanning, but does anyone know of another tannery that plucks/shears beaver (and please no snide sexual remarks). I've had no luck with a few I've tried above.. any recommendations?

Return to Tanning Category Menu

in canada

This response submitted by Laurier on 4/5/06 at 8:27 AM. ( houlel@onlink.net ) 209.105.208.250

international fur dressers winnipeg manitoba.

Cohens fur dressers. winnipeg manitoba.

2 places that I know of in Quebec, I can't remember their names off hand.

Laurier

This response submitted by 9 on 4/5/06 at 8:00 PM. ( ) 216.144.58.84

International has one of the crappiest tans. I am selling off scrap from them. It is only a year old and dry rotted. The leather rips so easily. Plus they overcharge horribly and their sales staff can't even quote a single species price on the phone with accuracy. Not recommended.

If the person who posted this thread wants good plucking and shearing plus a tan job that doesn't dry rot in a year, call D. Cohn Trans-Canada.

In the USA there is a place called Tubari in Passaic NJ which plucks, shears, bleaches, and dyes. Prices are very reasonable.

Moyle does a good job on dressing beaver natural, which you can then send out to Tubari for bleaching, plucking, and shearing.

There are plucked and sheared beaver pelts for sale on eBay for less then the price of having it done to your pelts. I saw them a couple days ago in the Stores.

Return to Tanning Category Menu