bench grinder

Submitted by john on 5/10/06 at 9:57 PM. ( ) 64.12.116.203

i have a bench grinder and i read where a guy took the wheel to a piece of wood before he did his animals well anyway i did not do this the first go around a ripped a face a little so i thought well i have one better i will use the grinding stone on the wirewheel that should do it... i think its to dull because it gets the big chunks of but i am have a hard time getting the last layer off after the pickle the only way i am able to get it off is to hold the wheel on it a lot long is there any spicific wheel you guys are using to avoid the problem. also its a 3/4 hp and a very course wire (steel not brass)

thanks to all

P.S and no i do not want a (real fleshing machine)i just want advice on the wire wheel

Return to Tanning Category Menu

John

This response submitted by Ken on 5/10/06 at 10:14 PM. ( ken@internationalwildlifedesign.com ) 66.156.27.215

We recently ran an article in our online magazine (Focus) on wire wheeling...go to www.internationalwildlifedesign.com and you can download them all...by the way...for the 900+ subscribers we already have...the new issue is coming soon! I use a fleshing machine myself but Brian Baker down in Milton Florida (who wrote the article) could probably help you out. A wire wheel is his weapon of choice and he has a pretty good grasp of it. I started using it as an alternative to fleshers in our courses this year and I think that some folks prefer it.Drop me an email and Ill give you his contact info.

Return to Tanning Category Menu