stop rot question

Submitted by Chad on 5/18/06 at 1:08 PM. ( avry66@aol.com ) 204.246.130.200

is stop rot and stop slip the same product? i want to try it on some capes i might have a problem with and have heard it works wonders. i dont do my own tanning. is this something you put on before you salt? i called a couple suplliers but they were all out at shows. i need to know which one is for me before i order if they are different products.

Return to Tanning Category Menu

NO they are not the same.

This response submitted by The Undertaker on 5/18/06 at 1:15 PM. ( ) 12.199.45.223

I have used both, STOP ROT is the one that works.

Stop slip is alcohol, nothing else and dont work.

Questionable capes

This response submitted by Sean on 5/19/06 at 12:15 AM. ( sbwest@adelphia.net ) 67.22.66.148

I'v used stop rot on questionable capes and have not had any problems. You know the kind, when you recieve them they no longer have that fresh harvest smell, but the rotting decaying odor. When I recieve them, they get a dose of stop rot on the flesh side and in the short hair areas before I even start my fleshing process. I allow it to soak for 30-45 min. After fleshing I'll soak again for another 30-45min and then salt. It also works great on turkey heads to help maintain the quality. hope this helps

Stop Slip

This response submitted by Whitey Fisk on 5/20/06 at 10:25 AM. ( ) 4.153.254.158

Stop Slip is intended to be sprayed on hair that is loose but not completely slipping. I used to use it till I started using Stop Rot. Stop Rot is applied to the skin to stop decomposition on capes. You use Stop Slip on capes that have the hair that is loose and starting to slip.

Return to Tanning Category Menu