home tanning

Submitted by Dirk C on 5/19/06 at 4:15 PM. ( ) 12.171.17.66

i have been do home tanning on my deer capes. so far i've just been doing this part time i was just checking on what kind of tannin yall use. And some of the tanneries that yall might use any and all input would be greatly appreicated.

Return to Tanning Category Menu

Too many to list

This response submitted by oldshaver on 5/19/06 at 7:57 PM. ( ) 68.221.27.132

But I will give you three categories that you can search from here. Orange button. Submersible tans, syn-tans, spray-on(or paint-on) tans. REAL tanning will require a shaving machine purchase. Without shaving, you are only going to get a quick, half a--ed tan, that will only tan the surface. Proper tanning also requires a pickle, to achive a TRUE tan. Oiling is also a must. Quick and easy has its rewards, but quick and aint true tanning.

McKenzie Tan

This response submitted by Whitey Fisk on 5/20/06 at 12:40 AM. ( ) 4.153.241.127

Get your self some Safe-tee acid and some McKenzie Tan, its the best there is.

kwik-n-eze

This response submitted by bcline on 5/20/06 at 11:03 PM. ( clinestaxidermy@earthlink.net ) 71.54.94.11

by Rittel works very well,McKenzie tan also,liqua tan to,they all seem to be the same with different names, they all work very well, you must use safe-tee acid to achieve a proper tan ,we only [shop tan] hides that are IFIE [lose hair]or ours for shop use ,customer skins get sent to tannery,we use KEYSTONE FUR DRESSING they do an excellent job ,good turn around also,good luck

KROWTANN for me

This response submitted by terryr on 5/21/06 at 12:57 AM. ( ) 12.207.33.102

best tan going - read EASY - SO SIMPLE GEORGE COULD USE IT

Return to Tanning Category Menu