Turn-around (Tanning, hair-on)

Submitted by - on 7/15/06 at 8:03 PM. ( ) 216.144.8.70

Got 9 l/s timber wolves back in 3 weeks, door to door. I could not have gotten them back faster if I'd driven them to the tannery 500 miles away. They were sent out for furrier quality dressing, meaning thin leather good enough for garments. It's generally thinner then a taxidermy job. The pelts came back with excellent stretch, no epidermis loss around the eyes, good clean fur, no cracked claws, good shave, and on the 9 skins, only 2 had measurable tannery-caused errors (small bare spots in briskets or top of legskins, repairable). All faces & pelts & capes A1. Oh and it cost $90 for all 9 of them ... Unbeatable!

Photos available next week hopefully.

THIS is the turnaround bar that Carolina wishes to attain.

and that is the kind of review Wildlife Gallery wishes they could get.

I've had somewhat similar results with one other tannery, 4 weeks door to door, no measurable tannery damage at all other then dirty, oily fur - but I had to pretty much tan the skins before sending them, and the price was out of this world, something like $1800.

Neither order was a rush order whatsoever.

Return to Tanning Category Menu

Its been awhile-

This response submitted by oldshaver on 7/15/06 at 9:04 PM. ( ) 68.221.24.143

since Ive seen this many lies in one post! $10 dollars each, whos tanning them, some homeless guy? Maybe you ment $90 each- if thats the case your english could stand a little work. Again, as in an earlier post, you have no volas. You have the volas de la polo, to not leave a name. I cant speak for WLG, but Carolina would love to send your boys some moose, giraffe, crocidiles, elk, etc,etc,etc,. Their shavers would walk out, because they are not used to real work, nor could they shave them correctly. I wish I could shave wolf all day, oh what a joy it would be. A furrier has not, or will not be able to compete with a Taxidermy tannery, because of their LACK of knowledge in tanning dozens of different animals, in comparison to tanning a dozen. I could point out one example in the northwest, but I wont. THINNER? Whats that about? There is only one layer on a wolf, past that is a false cut. Mr. -, your post is that of a true dip-stick, that has no clue of whats going on in the real world.

OS, he didn't tell us about the ears.

This response submitted by George on 7/15/06 at 9:10 PM. ( georoof@aol.com ) 64.12.116.135

Or the nose or the foot pads or the claws or why a taxidermist would even WANT a hide like he described. He got us mixed up with the Glamor Channel I guess. LMAO

True Dat George

This response submitted by os on 7/15/06 at 10:01 PM. ( ) 68.221.24.143

Again, apples, and oranges.

Please send name of the tannery

This response submitted by David Patton on 7/16/06 at 4:05 PM. ( wooltannery@lonestarfurdressing.com ) 12.76.236.52

If they are doing wolves for $10 each, I could make some money with them!

Return to Tanning Category Menu