Tanning Recipe for Oxalic Acid & Lutan f in Auto tanner ?

Submitted by RJ Simington on 7/26/06 at 8:18 PM. ( animalartsnw@charter.net ) 66.190.240.176

Ok first off I have researched the search button & called several supply places to no availe.

I need to get the recipe for using Oxalic Acid & Lutan F in an Auto Tanner.

If anyone could help me out I would appreciate it.

NO, I am not going to switch to some other kind of tan.

Return to Tanning Category Menu

recipes

This response submitted by - on 7/26/06 at 8:41 PM. ( ) 216.144.8.88

One ounce oxalic acid per gallon of water, pickle 2-4 hrs. (50 psi) depending on skin thickness. pH 1.0. When it's white all the way through, it is ready.
Neutralize the solution and dump it.
Neutralize the skins.
Then for your Lutan-F tan... 1 ounce Lutan-F per pound of wet drained skin weight. pH 5.5. Tan for 4-6 hours (50 psi) until it is tanned all the way through.
Neutralize and dump the solution.

Take skins out, wash quickly, rinse, oil, fold up, wait 24-48 hrs. (re-oil if nec.), tumble dry.

The auto-tanner is nothing but a rotating tanning vat with a little pressure added. This is not rocket science and these instructons ARE available in the archives.

Remember - The pickle is not added to the tan. It is a separate soak.

Thank You ,Thank You ,Thank you.

This response submitted by RJ Simington on 7/27/06 at 11:12 AM. ( animalartsnw@charter.net ) 66.190.240.176

I Realy do apreciate the help.

NEED HELP

This response submitted by charles on 7/27/06 at 3:31 PM. ( crobin80@ford.com ) 136.8.1.100

can you help- what do you mean by neutralize (ph)and why before tanning and what must ph be for tanning

thanks

Return to Tanning Category Menu