Ripped off by USA FOXX & Speed-dee Delivery

Submitted by Chuck on 8/1/06 at 6:58 PM. ( ) 69.210.59.226

This past winter, I sent in a beaver hide, which was going to be made into a hat for my brother, to be tanned by USA Foxx. I received a confirmation letter back from USA FOXX telling me that everything looked fine and that it should be ready in late May.

Well, come the middle of June I was wondering the status of my order and decided to call. I was suprised to learn that it had been shipped in April and had been delivered on the 17th. That may be, but I never got it.

Apparently, the delivery man had left it on the front steps where someone decided to take it for himself.

When I asked why they didn't bother putting it in our enclosed front porch, I was told that some people don't like having their porch doors opened. I'm quite sure that most people like having their packages stolen even less!

I tried getting satisfaction from USA Foxx, but they have been essentially nonresponsive, even though I have ordered at least 4 other articles of clothing from them and was planning on ordering more in the future.

Now, I don't think it would be asking too much of USA Foxx to call or mail a postcard prior to shipping, especially since they shipped approximately 6 weeks earlier than scheduled. If they had done so, I could have had one of my retired neighbors, who live on either side of me, grab it right away. What if it had been a coat or something really expensive?

Also, since I planned on having them make it into a hat, there was no reason to send the tanned hide back. Why waste additional money on shipping?

I would also say that the blame is not entirely theirs alone. It's a first-class, jack-ass way of making deliveries to leave packages on the front steps of someone who lives on a busy residential street, when it could have been just as easily placed out-of-sight in the porch.

The long and short of it is, they could have recouped the cost of compensating me from the profits that would have come from my additional orders, that I will now place elsewhere. It's a really stupid and short-sighted way of doing business.

Finally, I'm totally disgusted and continue to be amazed how stupid people can be. Chuck

Return to Tanning Category Menu

Spee - dee

This response submitted by John on 8/1/06 at 8:23 PM. ( ) 68.117.26.206

Is a midwest service ( I think) that costs considerably less than anyone else. I shipped a package yesterday for 11.20 through them from WI to MN. that cost 39.00 for the same item (just fixed) through the Post Office from MN. to me. Unless you specified how it was to be shipped your out of luck, why should that be USA Foxx's fault.

Speed-dee is responsible not USA Foxxx

This response submitted by Dean on 8/1/06 at 8:42 PM. ( ) 70.56.163.105

USA Foxx did their job. They do great work. They could have sent something out telling you when delivery will be or a phone call on delivery time. Ask USA Foxx for a delivery notification before shipping or request a delivery confirmation signature. That way they can't leave it until it is signed for. Spee-dee deliveries insurance should take care of it. I have to sign eveytime they deliver something.

DEAN YOU ARE WRONG

This response submitted by R.L. DILWORTH on 8/1/06 at 10:29 PM. ( ) 67.35.23.14

IN THIS DAY AND AGE ANY PACKAGE LEFT UNATTENDED IS A NO-NO. THE SHIPPER IS FULLY RESPONCEABLE. NOT THE CUSTOMER. CHUCK'S LOSS AFFECTS US ALL. IF WE ACCEPT POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE FROM OUR VENDORS, THEN OUR CUSTOMERS WILL EXPECT POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE FROM US.

Sorry Folks

This response submitted by John on 8/1/06 at 11:12 PM. ( ) 68.117.26.206

the mailman puts your mail in a box right on the road. Someone stole from you, a thief, it's not the shippers or the delivery guys fault. You need to call the cops. What do you propose R.L.? There isn't a darn thing you can do.

USA Foxx is Great

This response submitted by Easton on 8/2/06 at 9:44 AM. ( ) 69.178.193.86

Never had a big problem with them and plan to do more business with them in the future.

The shipper is resposible

This response submitted by Dean on 8/2/06 at 8:47 PM. ( ) 70.56.163.105

R.L. Dillworth I totally agree with you. You misunderstood what I was trying to say. It isn't the customers fault. It is the shipper that is responsible. I was suggesting for Chuck to request a signature confirmation for the future deliveries. That way it can't be delivered, with out him signing for it. They will leave a notice and make another delivery attempt the next day. The shipper can also be told to notify him, so he knows when to expect the delivery.

Perhaps

This response submitted by Brad on 8/3/06 at 10:30 PM. ( ) 65.73.67.153

it's George Bush's fault , everything else is these days !

Return to Tanning Category Menu