Auto Tanner

Submitted by Hiller on 7/30/99. ( )

Can anyone out there be willing to send me the instructions on how to build an auto tanner, or could you atleast give me an idea how it works maybe that'll will help, I'd like to have one around but I don't want to pay that much for one since I am just getting started, or does anyone know of an internet sight for the auto tanners
Thank You
Hiller

Return to Category Menu

sell you one

This response submitted by Dave B. on 7/30/99. ( dbart10@osagecon.missouri.org )

Hiller,
I have one I will sell you if interested. e-mail me.

buy one

This response submitted by morris on 8/18/99. ( a-1taxiderm@aol.com )

i think you sould just buy one ,you could very easly get hurt not knowing what you are doing,a tank with that much perasure in it not made rigth will blow up in your face and kill you .for the little bit of money they ask for one buy it.i have one and use it all the time what you save in one yr in tanning cost you will pay for it,morris

Yea, buy one

This response submitted by Pacemakr on 8/27/99. ( jfwagner@hereintown.net )

I finally bought one. I love it. It's safe (very important), and I get business by offering a fast turn-around. I use 40 - 45 psi, and the store bought tanning machine claims to be tested to 200. It's very reliable. I'd have saved a lot had I purchased one first, rather then the tons of chemicals I have that I no longer use, and a large salt table I built.

Auto Tanner

This response submitted by Bill Thompson on 9/13/99. ( wthomp0329@aol.com )

I recently purchased one of the automatic tanners from Taxidermy Art Supplies. I was really impressed with it. I tanned an unsalted deer skin in the auto tanner, following the instructions that were supplied with the tanner. I tanned the skin for about twelve hours. After two hours, I shaved the skin and completed the tanning. It took about a pound-and-a-half of tan. I oiled the skin after I took it out of the tan. I let it dry for about an hour and then I threw it in a tumbler to clean the skin and the fur. Thereafter, I hung it up and let it dry. After it was dry, I put it my tumbler for an hour at a time. Also, I threw in a pair of old work boots; this helps break the skin while tumbling. I did this about four times; then I finished the skin with a wire brush; it came out almost as soft as a baby's bottom! I am very happy with my automatic tanner. It saves time and money on salt and chemicals. I would recommend the automatic tanner to anyone who wishes to save time and money on their home tanning.

Return to Category Menu