Need Help Quick

Submitted by Hiller on 8/31/99. ( ) 209.143.15.90

Hey guys i need some help quick on where i can find an internet site with pictures of someone tanning hides, going through all of the processes or atleast most of them. I am taking this as a project for the fair but I can find no info on this subject atleast that has pictures.
Thank You
Hiller

Return to Category Menu

Never Mind The Internet ... Open A Book!

This response submitted by John Bellucci on 9/1/99. ( ArtistExpr@aol.com ) 152.163.188.3

Hey Hiller,

I hate to sound harsh, but that's the way I am. You know, the "internet" is not mankinds "Saving-Grace". What you are looking for, you will find between the pages of many books on Taxidermy. Try "The Breakthrough Mammal Manual"; "The Jonas Technique: Mammals"; "Archie Philips Mammal Mounting Book": "Practical Taxidermy" - by John W. Moyer; to name a few.

That is where you will find what you are looking for!

Best of luck to you ... John B.

Ok

This response submitted by Hiller on 9/1/99. ( ) 209.143.15.167

Thanks John, if i can find any pics in magazines or anything else that are in color i will use them, i have tried to copy out of the breakthrough mauals, and all it does is blur the picture
Thanks John
Hiller

book stores

This response submitted by gary on 9/1/99. ( buxtaxdari@oregoncoast.com ) 204.176.109.144

Hiller, I assume since it's for a fair you are wanting to cut out the pictures to illustrate the tanning process. Check out some used book stores I've found several books on tanning and taxidermy all with pictures hope this helps. gary

Thanks Gary

This response submitted by Hiller on 9/1/99. ( ) 209.143.15.178

I might go try that too, since this project is due tommorrow, hopefully i can find something. It seems like I can look up under tanning and find all kinds of pics on the net, but when I go to actually look for them they never seem to be there.
Thanks Gary
Hiller

Return to Category Menu