Looking for a new tannery

Submitted by Jeremy on 9/3/99. ( ) 208.140.0.138

I really want to find a dependable tannery with a decent turn
around and good stretch. Have been using one for a few years
now and they have let me down to many times in quality and time.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Return to Category Menu

Two good choices

This response submitted by Abraham Lincoln on 9/3/99. ( ) 206.68.132.250

I have tried many tanneries and have found two that actually put out excellent work. Arlington Cape in Ohio does a beautiful tan and shaving job, probably the best I have seen, but turn around time is 5 - 6 months no matter what they tell you. Recently I sent 23 capes to Golden State Tannery in CA and their capes compare very well. They also have a 2 WEEK turn around!! This is their normal turn around on wet tanned capes. Just give them a call for instructions.

Thanks Abe?

This response submitted by Keith Daniels on 9/4/99. ( arlcape@bright.net ) 209.143.26.51

Thanks for the compliment on our work, but the 5 to 6 month thing has me a little confused. With the exception of safari's and some of our bigger customers who don't want it all back at once, wet tans will very seldom be over 4 months, early stuff about 8 to 10 weeks. I just looked at the confirmations and capes in the pickle right now are 9 to 10 weeks. Yes we are behind on soft tans this year, and if a customer reads this that I haven't already apologized to, I'm sorry, and we are doing all we can to catch up. We've just re-arranged to have room for another set of drying racks, and this should help us catch up soon.

Keith

East Coast Tannery

This response submitted by Eric Schade on 9/10/99. ( ) 209.122.213.139

Give us a try at East Coast Tannery I'm sure you will be pleased.

East Coast Tannery
215-257-9479

We can help

This response submitted by Gary & Diana Kies on 10/2/99. ( gdkies@dmci.net ) 209.69.227.239

Our tan will give you an excellent stretch and shelf life. We have excellent turn-around time too. Many taxidermists have switched to us since starting our family-owned business in 1995. Give us a call K & K Tannery & Fur Dressing 517-523-3196 or email gdkies@dmci.net.

Return to Category Menu