Looking for a good wet tan!!(help)

Submitted by Gary on 9/16/99. ( gcheft@juno.com ) 209.138.193.204

I currently am using liqua-tan method looking for a good tannery specializing in wet tanning.if you can help it would be appreciated.
also i am currious as to how much prepping i need to do before i ship a hide out?($$$)?

Return to Category Menu

Try our wet tan

This response submitted by Joe on 9/16/99. ( ) 209.122.209.203

Try us at East Coast Tannery. Our wet tan is GREAT!

215-257-9479

Look Back

This response submitted by Keith Daniels on 9/17/99. ( arlcape@bright.net ) 209.143.26.34

Gary, ther's been a lot written about "wet tans" in the past, as well as doing prep work. I think you can probably find a lot of discussion of the pro's and cons, as well as amount of prep work you need to do in these discussons (you might need to go into the archives) The main thing to look for is someone you doesn't short cut the process when they "wet tan" The only difference should be it doesn't go through the extra drying and drumming process. Another plus is finding someone in your region of the country so shipping doesn't kill you. Give mark a call at Knoblochs and see if he can help you with tanners in your area. Keith

Look Back

This response submitted by Keith Daniels on 9/17/99. ( arlcape@bright.net ) 209.143.26.34

Gary, ther's been a lot written about "wet tans" in the past, as well as doing prep work. I think you can probably find a lot of discussion of the pro's and cons, as well as amount of prep work you need to do in these discussons (you might need to go into the archives) The main thing to look for is someone you doesn't short cut the process when they "wet tan" The only difference should be it doesn't go through the extra drying and drumming process. Another plus is finding someone in your region of the country so shipping doesn't kill you. Give mark a call at Knoblochs and see if he can help you with tanners in your area. Keith

Look Back

Look Back

Look Back

Look Back

Don't look back too far...

This response submitted by Jim Tucker on 9/17/99. ( bigjims@wilkshire.net ) 206.68.132.205

Arlington cape in ohio or Golden State Tannery in CA both have done super work for me. I have tried MANY tanneries and these 2 by far do the nicest, cleanest work. By the way Keith Daniels who wrote the prior 4 or 5 responses is the "man" at arlington cape. If you e-mail him I'm sure he would send a price list.

Sorry

This response submitted by Keith on 9/17/99. ( ) 209.143.26.93

I have no idea what happened, maybe my submit finger had nervous twitches, but I didn't mean to post that more than once, HONEST!

Sorry

I have no idea what happened, maybe my submit finger had nervous twitches, but I didn't mean to post that more than once, HONEST!

Sorry

Sorry

Yes

This response submitted by Yes on 1/24/01. ( ) 208.170.73.223

Yes maybe t did

Yes

Yes maybe t did

Yes

Yes maybe t did

Return to Category Menu