Hey Bruce/dumping the pickle

Submitted by Dan R on 10/7/99. ( deerstuffer@hotmail.com ) 209.149.175.130

Thanks for the info on the stainless steel sinks. I got them real cheap (free) for a three set sink. Neat huh? Anyway when I get thru with the saftee acid and the luntan F solution can I just drain this in a small barrel and dump it in my driveway? I live in the back country of TN and we dont have any codes. But I do have well water and I dont wont to contaminate anything.

Return to Category Menu

How much tanning will you do?

This response submitted by Bruce Rittel on 10/7/99. ( rittel@ici.net ) 207.180.10.51

Dumping solutions in the country is a lot like taking Aspirin tablets. Two will be OK but more gives you problems. If you're not doing many skins a week - then like most people tell me they do, it may be OK to dump it in your driveway - AFTER you have neutralized the solutions to a 6.5-7.0. The Saftee Acid shouldnt cause you any problems - it decomposes into a fertilizer in 2 weeks. Lutan F is also safe - its a simple Aluminum Chloride product and Aluminum is found in almost all rocks worldwide. Even EZ-100 once neutralized contains no metals and usually the solition is depleted after tanning so it also poses no problems. Its the Salt that poses a problem. If you do a lot of tanning then you may have to use a holding tank and have it pumped periodically just like your septic system. By the way - do not dump into your Septic system. Most chemicals will kill your bacteria and render them useless.

Thanks a bunch

This response submitted by Dan R on 10/7/99. ( ) 209.149.175.130

Thanks, I appreciate the info!!!! I only do a few capes a year, 10 or 20 so I guess Ill be aright. Thanks again this forum is THE BEST>

Return to Category Menu