To Bruce

Submitted by Brian Kemp on 12/2/99. ( fur62@aol.com ) 205.188.208.171

Bruce,

Sent a message to you several weeks ago, thought it got lost in e-mail hell. It was in the wrong catagory. OOPS :0(

Received plans for the tumbler. So far so good on building it. It looks like it will do the job for me. One question though:
Having problems finding the large "V" belt. Any suggestions on where to look? Which would you recommend for attaching the drum to the support with out of the two suggestions in the instructions? Please let me know.

Thanx,
Furchaser

Return to Category Menu

A phone call would probably help!

This response submitted by Bruce Rittel on 12/2/99. ( rittel@ici.net ) 207.180.0.8

Anytime you want to e-mail - simply click on my e-mail address associated with this reply. I try to answer, albeit sometimes there are orders to get out and customers to help, but I do try. Eventually. As to your question. Try Graingers Supply for a v belt. And as for the frame - use a H type of frame and pillow blocks if you dont want to use the frame suggested on the plans. Its more massive - but it works.

Auto parts stores

This response submitted by Jeff M. on 12/2/99. ( fourriverstaxidermy@hotmail.com ) 208.18.228.124

Brian, i got my belt from the local auto parts store, it might be worth a try. good luck on the tumbler..they work VERY well. Jeff

Try a Tractor Supply Store

This response submitted by Steve A. on 12/3/99. ( ) 216.220.14.16

I got mine from John Deere.

Two Types

This response submitted by Keith Daniels on 12/3/99. ( arlcape@bright.net ) 205.212.120.254

Auto and industrial belts have different pitches. For best results make sure you have sheaves and belts that match. Look under bearing, electric motor, or conveyor supply in your yellow pages for local sources.

Return to Category Menu