need a tannery!

Submitted by chris on 12/2/99. ( cshicks@hiwaay.net ) 208.166.127.161

I'm just getting into taxidermy, and from everything I have read on this forum I need to tan the hides to ensure a quality mount. However, I don't wont to make that much of an investment in a fleshing machine right now. I believe it would be better to try and use a tannery. If anyone knows of a tannery in the southern Tenn or north Al area please let me know. Thanks for all the help.

Return to Category Menu

Need a tannery..do ya

This response submitted by ken wampner on 12/2/99. ( ken.wampner@noaa.gov ) 205.165.224.149

I highly reccommend Barrett Fur Dressers. He is located in northern Mississippi...Columbus, Mississippi. I wish I could remember his phone number...but if you are recieving any taxidermy trade magazines he'll be one of the advertisers. Chuck Barrett is the owner...and he really does good work for me. Tell him I sent you.

Try East Coast Tannery in PA

This response submitted by Eric on 12/3/99. ( ) 216.164.192.195

Give East Coast Tannery a call 215-257-9479. We would be more than happy
to work with you. We have good turn around and great stretch.

We look forward to hearing from you.

We can help

This response submitted by Gary Kies, K & K Tannery on 12/4/99. ( gdkies@dmci.net ) 209.69.227.167

We are located in southern Michigan and have a 30-45 day turn around. We can provide references for you. If you would like us to send you our brochure, send us your address via e-mail or give us a call at 517-523-3196 if you want to talk. Have a good day/

Return to Category Menu