Using Liqui-tan: Need Advice

Submitted by Bill on 11/23/99. ( ) 204.134.205.137

Am using liqui-tan on elk hides. Unable to keep garage at room temp. Our temp has been about 30 degrees on average. How long should I let the hides sit with liqui-tan on? (Until they dry or a certain length of time) The instructions say 4 days at room temp. It's been 3 days and they are just now showing signs of drying. Also, I would like to know how many times you apply liqui-tan: 1 or 2 times.
Thanks

Return to Category Menu

tanning

This response submitted by Frank on 11/23/99. ( basswtrout@aol.com ) 205.188.208.133

I using this tan and enjoy it a lot do simply this. Rub on the liqua tan ( warm that is ) let it sit for a couple of hours 4 )then I put it the freezer till I'm ready to mount it a week or two. Take it out rinse it, cause I get sloppy and mount it. Works great this way.

Skin will turn white

This response submitted by Pacemakr on 11/26/99. ( jfwagner@hereintown.net ) 209.240.200.183

When the liquid tan is finished working, the skin will look white, as if it had no oil on it at all. It usually takes about 6 days, not sure at that temp. First, spread it on, in a couple hours wipe up any puddles, let it sit until it's white. Or, as Frank mentioned, you can freeze it anytime.

Return to Category Menu