Question about Van Dyke's New Dakot IV and Dakota V fleshers

Submitted by Todd Buchanan on 11/26/99. ( trigger@indy.net ) 209.183.93.50

I am looking for someone who might have experience with these new fleshing machines.
I am getting ready to order a fleshing machine but I am not sure which brand if any are better than others. I like the looks of the Van Dyke's Fleshers and the price is good for the both of them.
I would appreciate any help I can get.

Return to Category Menu

I have used the small one.

This response submitted by John C on 11/26/99. ( taxidermist118@hotmail.com ) 204.180.103.162

A freind has one of the small ones,we worked the buggs out of it one evening. It is Ok a bit slow, will do a deercape but thats about it for size. I am sure you could doa elk if you had the time.

Here is a point you get what you pay for!!! This goes for fleshing machines too. Save your money and get a good one. Kieth at Arlington Cape has a good machine, Eager Beaver (I now own one< awesome>) several other good ones out there. If money is really tight and you need a good machine at a affordable price Authenic Taxidermy Supply of Memphis, TN has good one for a affordable price and it doesnot take lots of room. There are many Older Dakotas for sale because people have upgraded. I have one for $350.00 F.O.B. AR steel table included. JOHN C

Return to Category Menu