info on automatic tanner

Submitted by Jim S on 6/27/99. ( )

I am considering the purhase of the pressurized automatic
tanner from Taxidermy Arts.Would appreciate hearing from
some folks who are using already.It's a sizeable investment
and any info to help me make a decision is appreciated.

Return to Category Menu

Best investment yet

This response submitted by Krys on 6/28/99. ( skinme2@aol.com )

This topic has been explored at great length here on the forum previously so I'll just quickly add that I have a couple auto tanners and love them.I've saved countless "questionable" skins,it affords a fantastic finished product and your skins stay under your control.No more blaming the tanneries for torn ears,slips etc.Don't buy one thinking it will lighten your work load,it won't,you'll now be doing all the fleshing and shaving but just having "conrol" over the skins at all times and not wondering where they are, or if they've slipped etc, was worth alot to me.It does all Steve R says it will.....and more.And talk about good service from the supplier-superb

is it easy

This response submitted by tyler on 6/28/99. ( taxidermy99@hotmail.com )

i have never seen the finished product from this method , is it just as streachable as a luftan ? and is it easy to use .

Thanks!

This response submitted by Jim S on 6/28/99. ( jimstaxi@yahoo.com )

Thanks Krys for your response concerning the
tanner.It sounds like a good investment to
me.I've been thinking about it for a while now
but hadn't talked to anybody who had one.I guess
I'll probably buy it.Appreciate you taking the time
to tell me about it.

Tyler-I may have the answer to your question soon.

One more question

This response submitted by Jim S on 6/29/99. ( jimstaxi@yahoo.com )

I have one more question about the tanner.Will it handle
large capes like elk and bears?

Oh, yea!

This response submitted by Pacemak'r on 7/1/99. ( jfwagner@hereintown.net )

Yes, they can do 5 deer at a time, so they'll do larger capes or rugs. Just use enough to cover the hide if you push it in the solution. I've sent them off, slow tanned, and auto-tanned. The 3 hour tan is definately better, and customers love when I tell them they'll get their mounts back in less than a month (I still like to let the glue dry a couple weeks before I return it to them). I see no difference in auto-tanned and liquid tanned mounts. The solution is non-toxic too.

automatic tanner

This response submitted by joe kaposy on 7/1/99. ( )

jim s. the automatic is a wonderful investment. it will enable you to tan a hide or cape each day instead of waiting months to get your hides or capes back from the tannery. also, it will save a lot of questional hides. go for it. good luck. joe

automatic tanner

This response submitted by joe kaposy on 7/1/99. ( )

jim s. the automatic is a wonderful investment. it will enable you to tan a hide or cape each day instead of waiting months to get your hides or capes back from the tannery. also, it will save a lot of questional hides. go for it. good luck. joe

Thanks again!

This response submitted by Jim on 7/3/99. ( )

Thanks to all who responded.You've convinced me.I'm
gonna get one!

Where do you get one?

This response submitted by Art on 7/7/99. ( )

Where do you get one?

auto-tanner

This response submitted by tom on 7/17/99. ( taxidermy@gci.net )

auto tanner is a very good investment and does everything
is claimed to do .we do up to a six foot black bear and
small grizzly bears.we also do large caribou capes,so a elk cape should
work.we have changed the tanning formula and use LUTAN-F
in the machine and seems to produce a good quilty leather
for rug work.buy one its a good investment.

definately buy one!

This response submitted by Pacemak'r on 8/3/99. ( jfwagner@hereintown.net )

I just used mine for the first time on a rotting caribou. I fleshed it first, auto-tanned it, then froze it waiting for the mannikin. I put it in a refrigerator overnight, to thaw and sweat, fleshed it again in about 10 minutes to get it smooth, and mounted it. It works great. Like the previous replys, my customers love that they'll get their mounts back in a couple of weeks. It cost less then $2.00 to tan one, no salting or pickling either.

info on automatic tanner

This response submitted by Hugh@Tultax on 8/30/99. ( )

I operate in Scotland. I have seen the advert for the auto tanner as part of a deal with the Frontier flesher. Does anyone know the price of the tanner on its own and the address of the supplier

Return to Category Menu