Anybody heard of "Relugan" for tanning?

Submitted by Bob Marchuk on 4/24/99. ( bob@taxidermy.org )

Anybody heard of a product called "Relugan" for the purpose of tanning?

Return to Category Menu

Yep!

This response submitted by Bruce Rittel on 4/24/99. ( rittel@ici.net )

It's a BASF tanning product. If you need more info on it, please E-Mail me. I'm assuming you are referring to Relugan GTW?

Yes, Regulan GTW

This response submitted by Bob M on 4/25/99. ( bob@taxidermy.org )

Yes, I'm referring to "Regulan GTW". I did email you, Bruce; hope to hear from you soon.

Call Sentry Chemical

This response submitted by jerry on 4/27/99. ( )

call Sentry chemical and get it directly from them.
1-800-868-1454 You may get it cheaper.
Jerry

More about Relugan!!!!!!!!!

This response submitted by Bruce Rittel on 4/27/99. ( rittel@ici.net )

Jerry's right - but I AM a Representative for Sentry Custom Services /BASF - so I would also offer you the same prices. Actually Bob, there are 2 such products used extensively in the leather tanning industry. They are available in Drum quantities. The first is Relugan GTW, an Aldehyde retanning agent for softening and leveling dyes applied so that you get an even color. The other, Relugan GT 50, contains Gluteraldehyde, and can tan by itself, or is usually used as a retanner to raise the shrink temp so that the skin can be washed in hot water, and to improve the fullness of the leather. Both these tannages contribute to great leather making, but because they also have a yellowing effect on the leather, are not usually applied to Taxidermy
tanning. I hope this answers your question. Feel free to contact me for more info.

Return to Category Menu