Tanning Methods VS Dry Preserve

Submitted by Keith on 5/14/99. ( reitzfam1@earthlink.net )

I am wondering what the differences are between the liquid tanning methods like Lutan-F and dry preserves. Which method is most widely used? Do they have the same shelf life? Etc. I am new to Taxidermy and am trying to learn as much as possible about it, before trying it for myself. Thanks to this forum, other reading material and videos, I think I am ready to give it a shot.

Thanks,
Keith

Return to Category Menu

Lots of Info on this One!!!

This response submitted by Bruce Rittel on 5/14/99. ( rittel@ici.net )

Go back and review some past similiar questions on this subject. It's been "beaten to death" here in the past. Check the 98 Archieves too! There's lots of info on this subject.

Thanks Bruce

This response submitted by Keith on 5/14/99. ( reitzfam1@earthlink.net )

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I guess what it all boils down to is, If you want a quality product that will last for many years, YOU CAN'T TAKE SHORTCUTS!!

Thanks again,
Keith

Lutan F

This response submitted by jerry on 5/16/99. ( )

If you want to make sure that your getting the proper tan
in my oppinion use Lutan and not the dry preserve.
With the Lutan your sure to get proper penetration.
I buy mine from Van Dykes.
jerry

tanning

This response submitted by Mark on 5/20/99. ( )

I would use the ez-100 or the kwik-n-ez paint on tan from rittels over the lutan because they are safer and easier to use. also less chance for error but this is only my opinion good luck, Mark

tan it

This response submitted by Joey on 5/29/99. ( heather@inu.net )

When I first started I used dry preservative until I heared it slammed on here. I am much happier with tanned skins, and you will be too. I was really serious about taxidermy and I invested in an auto tanner, but you may want to begin with Rittel's kwik and ez tan. I have found it to be a reliable tan and easy to use.

Return to Category Menu