List of Schools for Taxidermy in Virginia

Submitted by Pat Gunner on 11/1/05 at 1:04 PM. ( ) 66.84.75.4

I am interested in finding out what schools in Virginia offer Taxidermy Courses. Please let me know if you have info.or contact info. Just getting started. Thanks.

Return to Taxidermy Training Category Menu

try the blue link at the top of the page that says schools

This response submitted by Joey Arender on 11/1/05 at 1:17 PM. ( ) 64.12.116.73

I don't know if there are any in Virgina though.

Check local community colleges...

This response submitted by Greg Waite on 11/1/05 at 1:47 PM. ( ) 67.76.33.215

There are 3 in the Piedmont NC that aren't listed on this site. You might get lucky and find one in your area. Hope it helps

No schools that I directly know of............

This response submitted by Mac on 11/1/05 at 6:18 PM. ( vabowhunter@worldnet.att.net ) 209.247.222.91

Pat, but what I can suggest to you is to come visit our website. http://home.att.net/~vataxidermy and come to the Virginia Taxidermists Association Competition and Convention, March 16th, 17th and 18th. We are going to have some good seminars and there are some great people to talk to. I did and I have not looked back since. Please feel free to contact me (if you go to the site & e-mail the webmaster your going to get me anyway! LOL)If you really want to learn you have, (IMHO) to get out there and ask those questions and talk to folk face to face. I firmly believe that you learn more that way. It worked for me anyway. .(Don't get me wrong,this site is a great place to start. Grab your favorite beverage, stock your printer with paper and ink, and wear that search button out with every aspect you can think of.) Here are some other ways to get a good "basic idea" of what all is involved:
1- Go to the WASCO site and order a catalog
2- When you can get the funding - Order the Breakthrough manual that fits what you want to do.
3- Read,read, read and read some more. Give yourself the basics and see if you really want to put forth the effort to do this.
4- Join us at our convention and consider joiningour organization and bring a list of questions you want answered. Ask for me, as I will be working this convention. I may not be able to answer your question, but I can most certainly guide you to someone who can. VTA folk are great.
5- Most important in my opinion - TAKE YOUR TIME - not meaning to yell, but when people rush, they tend to get discouraged. There is an immense amount of material to learn, Lord knows that's what I've been doing. Now I'm just about in position to start really getting my hands dirty this year. (I have been building a garage by myself so $$ is tight)
Drop me a line and let me know where your at and I'll do what I can to help you along! Best of luck!
Mac

Return to Taxidermy Training Category Menu