Second Nature School of Taxidermy Recomendation

Submitted by Eli on 2/6/06 at 8:06 PM. ( ) 67.42.183.224

First off I would like to thank Bill and Terry Dishman for a wonderful experience and a great hands on approach to learning the basic and advanced skills of taxidermy. I to have purchased videos and probably could have learned some basic skills to taxidermy after thousands of dollars and many trials, sure I could have finished that ONE deer shoulder mount. I have read and heard arguments about wasting my time and money at school, But after attending Second Nature I feel my time and money was well spent ten times over. I'm sure trials and errors may come in my own time of doing taxidermy by myself, but feel that the things I learned at school have given me the confidence to keep going and problem solve myself. I also know that the learning never stops and Bills open door policy doesn't just end the day you leave school, I know he would be willing to help me anytime. So if you have made it through my message this far, I will say again that Second Nature school of taxidermy is a place I would recommend to anyone that would like to learn the basic and advanced skills from a Veteran. Oh, and all you that can't wait to write me and let me know that Ive waisted my time and money....It's going in one ear and out the other and your wasting your time and energy so I guess were the same.

Return to Taxidermy Training Category Menu

Eli, I'm not sure how you can "waist" money

This response submitted by George on 2/6/06 at 8:58 PM. ( georoof@aol.com ) 64.12.116.67

Unless you're old and fat like me.

George.....

This response submitted by TD on 2/6/06 at 9:51 PM. ( ) 68.71.178.111

....you should start a school of taxidermy your self...hehe

Nah, I'd rather give it away free.

This response submitted by George on 2/6/06 at 11:27 PM. ( georoof@aol.com ) 152.163.100.67

Then no one can ever bitch about having paid too much for what they got.

George

This response submitted by Eli on 2/7/06 at 12:37 AM. ( ) 67.40.127.23

You must have a lot of time on your hands to look over my message and point out one word that was spelled wrong, but thanks

heres a link...

This response submitted by Bill on 2/7/06 at 7:23 AM. ( info@taxidermy-school.com ) 207.200.116.67

to the lifesize elk that Eli did in school.
http://www.taxidermy-school.com/taxidermy-school-images/lifesize-Bull-Elk-BG.jpg

Helluva job Eli

This response submitted by George on 2/7/06 at 9:47 AM. ( ) 64.12.116.67

Beautiful job on the animal and VERY ambitious to do in a school setting. Now, like the rest of us, I gotta ask, where the hell did you put it when you finished it. LOL

George

This response submitted by TD on 2/7/06 at 12:43 PM. ( ) 68.71.178.111

lol George....dont they say that about your mounts ?

Nice

This response submitted by TD on 2/7/06 at 12:51 PM. ( ) 68.71.178.111

I,ve never even done a lifesize elk......not sure I eveen want too lol.....Good job!....TD

LMAO TD

This response submitted by George on 2/7/06 at 3:29 PM. ( ) 205.188.116.67

Last night a guy picked up a giant Canada pitching in off the wall. He was so excited it was ready when I called that he came right over to get it (miracle's never cease). He walked through the door and his mouth dropped. A little anxious I asked him what was wrong with the mount and in a chirpish little voice I heard, "Where in the hell am I going to put THAT? My wife will kill me."
Didn't see his name in either the obits or the divorce filings YET.

Info wanted

This response submitted by Nick in MT on 4/3/06 at 11:10 PM. ( elk_aholic_02@yahoo.com ) 66.109.156.150

I had been thinking about this school for awhile but there isn't a whole lot of info about this school, I do it is close to my home but I would like to know more if you could tell me anything it would be greatly appreciated, I had called Bill but he never returned my call. Again any info is appreciated -Nick

Return to Taxidermy Training Category Menu