Help - North East Ohio

Submitted by Neil on 3/6/06 at 9:38 PM. ( ) 71.50.232.43

Can anyone recommend any schools that are near me or in states next to me and does anyone know if you can get government programs (what ever they are called) to cover the tuition of a taxidermy school? This is something Id like learn, I just don't know where to start. Any info will be appreciated. Thanks

Return to Taxidermy Training Category Menu

Videos

This response submitted by Don on 3/7/06 at 12:05 AM. ( ) 69.212.188.195

I looked all over Ohio and since Hocking College dropped their course I don't think there are any. I talked to a professional taxidermist and this is the advise he gave me. First if your going to spend thousands on schooling try doing some kit mounts first to see if you will really like it. He also told me that after spending the money for school you come out having done a few mounts and you're still not ready to take customers. He suggested that a person would be better off to get vidoes and start mounting your own speceimens and develope your skill that way, all the while investing in thew necessary equipment as you can afford to. That is the route that I am taking and I feel confident that this year I will start to take customers in game heads and small mammels. I still have yet to tackle birds or fish but that will come with time. hope this helps.Also get online and send for all the taxidermy supply catalogs that you can get, they are a good source of info.

pto and oats

This response submitted by tk on 3/7/06 at 12:17 AM. ( tna@nls.net ) 216.144.10.74

contact both clubs. The pto has a show coming up. seminars are a great learning tool.

1 on 1 classes

This response submitted by Nick on 3/7/06 at 10:26 AM. ( webmaster@saultaxidermy.com ) 63.160.44.208

we offer 1 on 1 classes in Northern Ohio. Let me know if you want more info or check out www.saultaxidermy.com

Wegner' School of Taxidermy

This response submitted by Ron on 3/10/06 at 8:07 AM. ( www.wiggy@ticon.net ) 66.181.128.26

Give me a call and i will send you a school catalog that will give all the aspects of the school. Schooling is the best way to start out . We are located in Milton Wis. Give me a call 608-868-4022

Natures Canvas Taxidermy

This response submitted by Eric on 3/10/06 at 5:01 PM. ( ) 66.181.68.91

Neil, I went to Natures Canvas Taxidermy. Learned alot and had a great time. Check out his web site at www.naturescanvas.net He is in NE Ohio about 30 miles east of Cleveland.

Return to Taxidermy Training Category Menu