Iowa regulations

Submitted by Scott on 1/25/06 at 12:31 AM. ( )

Waht licenses and permits are required in Iowa for a taxidermy business?

Return to Taxidermy Training Category Menu


This response submitted by Griz on 1/25/06 at 12:54 AM. ( )

go to whereever you get your hunting license and give them something like 17 bucks. And that's it. They're just interested in your money.

If you want to charge sales tax you can apply for a tax permit.

What type of license?

This response submitted by Scott on 1/25/06 at 5:20 PM. ( )

I already have my hunting license, do I need to purchase a furbearers license and do I need to register with the DNR?

contact the dnr

This response submitted by dan on 1/25/06 at 7:09 PM. ( )

You have to contact the DNR before you get your license, they will need to look at where your gonna do it and go through the regulations with you.


This response submitted by Sam on 1/25/06 at 7:58 PM. ( )

From what I understand, the DNR only has to be contacted if you are going to start a commercial taxidermy business. Other than that, you can just buy the license at walmart or wherever for $17. I have a furbearers license just in case so i have a legit reason for holding a few skins, i also trap. Just telling what I know, would like to know more since all the laws are fuzzy.


This response submitted by Dan on 1/26/06 at 7:49 PM. ( )

Iowa's laws are screwy. If you don't plan on ever selling anything you mount, you don't need a taxidermy license. If you accept any money for any taxidermy work you do, you are commercial. Contact your local DNR. The DNR (at least in NW Ia) are extremely friendly and courteous. They inforce the laws so they are the one's who should know it.

Return to Taxidermy Training Category Menu