Rules and Regulations
1. Who May Compete? This division is open to anyone desiring to enter. This division is for beginning taxidermists who feel their skills have not developed enough to effectively compete in the Professional Division.
2. Judging: Judges will be more lenient in this division, with the primary emphasis on teaching competitors. Each entry will be judged separately and independently. The NTA score sheet will only reflect a total score at the bottom with marked areas that need improvement.
3. Awards: Multiple First, Second and Third place ribbons will be awarded. However, it must be emphasized that persons entering this level should be more interested in learning than in winning awards. The categories for this division are the same as in the Professional Division. A plaque will be awarded to the Best Novice Entry.Youth Division Categories: (Multiple first, second, third place ribbons)
4. Multiple Entries: There is no limit to the number of entries a competitor may enter.
5. Individual Work: All taxidermy procedures must be done by the individual competitor and certified as such by his or her signature at the time of entering.
6. Reproductions: In this division, commercial blanks will be allowed as long as the competitor performs all the finishing of the blank (preparation of the blank and painting). This is also the category in which original (your work) antlers and horns will compete.
7. Freeze Dry: Freeze dry preservation of flesh may not be entered in this division. Specifically, all parts of the specimen must be completely skinned (including the head), prepared, and then mounted over a mannikin prior to any freeze dry preservation to reduce shrinkage.
Interpretations of all rulings or regulations (and any rules not provided for) will be decided by the World Taxidermy Championships® Regulatory Committee. If you have a specific question regarding the competition, contact Regulatory Committee Chairman, Skip Skidmore at Brigham Young University, 290 M.L. Bean Museum, Provo, UT 84602. Telephone: 801-378-5052.
Awards Rules and Regulation
Master of Masters Invitational Rules and Regulations
Carl E. Akeley Awards Rules and Regulations
Master Division Rules and Regulations
Collective Artists Division Rules and Regulations
Professional Division Rules and Regulations
Novice Division Rules and Regulations
Youth Division Rules and Regulations
Freeze Dry Division Rules and Regulations
Live Taxidermy Sculpture Division Rules and Regulations
Taxidermy Pre-Sculptured Division Rules and Regulations
World Challenge Division Rules and Regulations
2007 General WTC Rules and Regulations
Shows Welcome Page | World Fish Carving
World Taxidermy Championships
Competition | Categories | Awards & Prizes | Rules & Regulations | Judges
Seminars | Trade Show | Registration | Accommodations | Schedule | Contact
Return to the Taxidermy Net | Return to Breakthrough Magazine
©2006 Breakthrough Magazine, Inc. All rights reserved. Updated 10/31/06.