Master of Masters Invitational
Rules and Regulations
1. Who may compete: This competition is open to current or former World Taxidermy Championships® judges, alternate judges, former winners of a Best In World title or First Place Masters Division winners (any category).
2. Mannikins: Mannikins used in this division must be originally sculpted, wrapped or carved by the competitor. Altered or unaltered commercial mannikins are not allowed, unless originally sculpted by the competitor.
3. Judging: This invitational will be judged by a secret ballot among the competitors in the Master Division in the regular competition. The entries receiving the highest number of votes will win the awards. The winners will be announced at the Friday night WTC Awards Banquet.
4. Awards: First Place receives a World Taxidermy Championships medallion and a Recognition Plaque. Second and Third Place winners receive Recognition Plaques.
5. Multiple Entries: A competitor with multiple entries in the Master of Masters Division may receive only the highest award earned by his or her entries.
6. Subjects: Competitors may enter any species or combination.
7. Individual Work: All work must be done by the individual competitor and certified as such by his or her signature on the registration form.
8. Freeze Dry: No freeze dried preservation techniques of flesh may be entered in the Master of Masters Division. Specifically, all parts of the specimen, including the head, must be skinned, prepared and then mounted over a mannikin prior to any freeze dry preservation.
Interpretations of all rulings or regulations (and any rules not provided for) will be decided by the World Taxidermy Championships® Regulatory Committee. If you have a specific question regarding the competition, contact Regulatory Committee Chairman, Skip Skidmore at Brigham Young University, 290 M.L. Bean Museum, Provo, UT 84602. Telephone: 801-422-4621.
Awards Rules and Regulation
Master of Masters Invitational Rules and Regulations
Carl E. Akeley Awards Rules and Regulations
Master Division Rules and Regulations
Collective Artists Division Rules and Regulations
Professional Division Rules and Regulations
Novice Division Rules and Regulations
Youth Division Rules and Regulations
Freeze Dry Division Rules and Regulations
Live Taxidermy Sculpture Division Rules and Regulations
Taxidermy Pre-Sculptured Division Rules and Regulations
World Challenge Division Rules and Regulations
2009 General WTC Rules and Regulations
Home | World Fish Carving
Championships | World Taxidermy Championships
Trade Show | Registration | Accommodations | Schedule | Contact
Taxidermy Competition | Taxidermy Categories | Taxidermy Awards | Taxidermy Rules | Taxidermy Judges | Taxidermy Seminars
Fish Carving Competition | Carving Categories | Carving Awards | Carving Rules | Carving Judges | Carving Seminars
Return to the Taxidermy Net | Return to Breakthrough Magazine
©2009 Breakthrough Magazine, Inc. All rights reserved. Updated 01/25/09.