New Ohio Muzzleloader Nontypical deer
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 20, 2020, 02:26:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1794012 Posts in 224167 Topics by 49577 Members
Latest Member: SaraJean
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  Taxidermy Discussion Categories  |  Deer and Gameheads  |  Topic: New Ohio Muzzleloader Nontypical deer « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: New Ohio Muzzleloader Nontypical deer  (Read 7348 times)
alaskanassasin
Silver Member

Email
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2009, 12:23:10 AM »

You heard about the 190+ 8 ptr killed in Illinois this year didn't ya?  Yep, their saying new state record. POACHED!! AND CONFISCATED!!!

That buck was shot in southern Minnesota.  (195" 8 point)  It was poached by a 32 year old loser in Cannon Falls, MN.  He had already shot a buck and a doe previously and didn't tag either of them.  It would have been a world record for a clean 8. 

Taking tomorrows trophys today
antlerman
Platinum Member

NTA Life Member #0118

Email
« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2009, 07:19:44 AM »

You heard about the 190+ 8 ptr killed in Illinois this year didn't ya?  Yep, their saying new state record. POACHED!! AND CONFISCATED!!!

That buck was shot in southern Minnesota.  (195" 8 point)  It was poached by a 32 year old loser in Cannon Falls, MN.  He had already shot a buck and a doe previously and didn't tag either of them.  It would have been a world record for a clean 8. 
You may very well be correct on that. I haven't heard or seen anything on it other than that one phone call, and then the rumor. Thanks for the info.
Waterdude Rick
Platinum Member
Location: Laughery Valley/Ohio-Indiana-Kentucky/Tri-State Area

You gotta KILL IT... before you can GRILL IT!

Email
« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2009, 03:16:44 PM »

Field and Stream just posted the story and 17 pics on their website...It was taken on their family farm in Highland Co. Ohio...
What a MONSTER....Last night, two official B&C and Buckmasters measurers put a green score on it. Numbers arent everything, thats for sure.
But they can be kind of fun, so I thought Id share some of the figures:

Left G2: 18 inches
Right G2: 16-6/8
Inside Spread: 24-3/8
Left main beam: 35-1/8
Right main beam: 34-4/8
Green gross: 249-5/8
Green net: 232-5/8
They are saying the Left main beam shatters any ever recorded by almost 2"...What a buck of a lifetime!!!

Laughery Valley Outdoor Products
      Animal Artistry by Christman
       www.Antler-Addiction.com
    Fresh, Pure Whitetail Deer Urines
   Vita-Mineral Supplements for Deer
 Proven Hunting Products that WORK!
    Fair-Chase Whitetails DVD Series
  Kevlar Gloves
antlerman
Platinum Member

NTA Life Member #0118

Email
« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2009, 03:21:26 PM »

WOW!!  That is some BEAMS!!    WOW!
rawrockkills
Silver Member

Email
« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2009, 03:38:56 PM »

hey the deal with that record eight pointer is this: (i am from minnesota this is how i know ;) ) it would have been easily the world record eight. shot in south eastern minnesota. come to find out the guy already filled his two deer limit with a small buck and a doe before he shot this one. he didnt tag either of the first two. best part about it is that he wasnt even smart enough to keep his mouth shut. went all around bragging about it, facebook and so on. well all the other people who had hunted the deer for the last few years werent too happy. and since they knew he already shot his two, decided to give him what he deserves. DNR shows up to find the buck and the first two deer hanging in the garage UN-TAGGED and UN-REGISTERED. took his bow and all three deer etc. should have taken the house, the truck, and everything else too but whatev... the guy says he needed the extra deer for the meat. pffff, right...

so anyways. south eastern minnesota, world record eight, POACHED, guys got all kinds of fines and long time with no hunting priviledges. should be for life and fine the piss out of the guy. IMO
Bill Yox
Forum Moderator

Email
« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2009, 03:43:25 PM »

Those are killer numbers on the Ohio buck, but honestly, I cant see it. Im sure its just one that looks bigger in person. Glad to see the monsters showing up!
chongo
Silver Member

Email
« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2009, 04:38:44 PM »

If I saw this Ohio one and the Mn clean 8 standing together, I would take the clean 8.  Just personal preference.  Too bad it is now "tarnished" and we might not ever see another picture of such a great deer.
antlerman
Platinum Member

NTA Life Member #0118

Email
« Reply #37 on: December 16, 2009, 05:56:26 PM »

hey the deal with that record eight pointer is this: (i am from minnesota this is how i know ;) ) it would have been easily the world record eight. shot in south eastern minnesota. come to find out the guy already filled his two deer limit with a small buck and a doe before he shot this one. he didnt tag either of the first two. best part about it is that he wasnt even smart enough to keep his mouth shut. went all around bragging about it, facebook and so on. well all the other people who had hunted the deer for the last few years werent too happy. and since they knew he already shot his two, decided to give him what he deserves. DNR shows up to find the buck and the first two deer hanging in the garage UN-TAGGED and UN-REGISTERED. took his bow and all three deer etc. should have taken the house, the truck, and everything else too but whatev... the guy says he needed the extra deer for the meat. pffff, right...

so anyways. south eastern minnesota, world record eight, POACHED, guys got all kinds of fines and long time with no hunting priviledges. should be for life and fine the piss out of the guy. IMO

Did anyone get any pictures that we can see??
MattHCT
Platinum Member

Email
« Reply #38 on: December 16, 2009, 06:03:41 PM »

What a TOAD.

GIT-R-MOUNTED.
rawrockkills
Silver Member

Email
« Reply #39 on: December 16, 2009, 08:10:38 PM »

yeah, got a picture. it'll blow your mind. here she is!

Wild Willie
Bronze Member

Email
« Reply #40 on: December 16, 2009, 08:12:30 PM »

WHAT A HOG
antlerman
Platinum Member

NTA Life Member #0118

Email
« Reply #41 on: December 16, 2009, 10:53:03 PM »

Just in case the Minn. DNR wants to make some money, I'll start the bidding at 5k and I would go ALOT higher. Just saying; just in case.  Thanks for posting that pic.
Matt
Platinum Member

WWW Email
« Reply #42 on: December 16, 2009, 11:00:53 PM »

Tim, you know 5k isn't going to touch that buck!(LOL) I mounted one from Champaigne county and it grossed 293", it had very little trash. It had 17" G-2's and was the biggest 8 I have had in my shop. It was shot back in 2003 when I took my 201" non-typical. My rack would fit down inside this 8pt rack. My buck didn't look so big then!(LOL)

antlerman
Platinum Member

NTA Life Member #0118

Email
« Reply #43 on: December 16, 2009, 11:09:26 PM »

Yeah, LOL , I know Matt BUT I had to start somewhere. The thing is I would go alot, I mean ALOT higher. Would have to borrow some money but would probably put a zero behind that 5.  LOL

Do you remember the 206" clean 8 ptr from Missouri?  I tried to buy it but guess what, DNR owns that one too. Similar story as this one.
Matt
Platinum Member

WWW Email
« Reply #44 on: December 16, 2009, 11:17:15 PM »

Surely they would be up to offers, especially if money it tight.  They're not going to do anything with that rack but take it to shows. That animal needs displayed in all his glory with a nice cape on that rack! I am supposed to do some wts for the DNR here that were poached, but I haven't heard back from them yet. I would love to have a set from that 8, he is a beauty!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  Taxidermy Discussion Categories  |  Deer and Gameheads  |  Topic: New Ohio Muzzleloader Nontypical deer « previous next »
Jump to: