Illinois Yoxathon last weekend
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2019, 10:45:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1794012 Posts in 224167 Topics by 49577 Members
Latest Member: SaraJean
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  Taxidermy Discussion Categories  |  Deer and Gameheads  |  Topic: Illinois Yoxathon last weekend « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Illinois Yoxathon last weekend  (Read 4040 times)
trapper jeff
Bronze Member

Email
« on: April 30, 2013, 01:03:05 PM »

Had a great time last weekend attending a Bill Yox "Yoxathon". I dont even know where to start! Bill changed my whole way of looking at a whitetail from top to bottom. His knowledge of deer anatomy is mind blowing. His way of teaching is really the best part of listening and learning from Bill. He not only showed us proper techniques but  also made us understand WHY were doing what we were doing. Knowledge is everything... Need to say thanks to Antleman for letting us invade his shop. Tim even supplied us with a real cool dude named Lee to make sure all went well !!  Psycho stopped by to lend a hand also.(He's a cool dude too,just wound a little tighter than Lee !! ) I would recommend going to a Yoxathon when you have the oppourtunity, its worth your time and money,no doubt. Chad, Connie and Jeff it was nice to meet and work with all of you.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 03:20:08 PM by trapper jeff » Logged

Is it just me or is common sense not so common any more??
Dennis Bragg
Platinum Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2013, 02:21:52 PM »

I'm just waiting on him to get a break for some fishing.
tem
Platinum Member

Email
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2013, 11:10:00 PM »

wares all the pictures of you guys having fun? ???
Bill Yox
Forum Moderator

Email
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2013, 11:51:16 PM »

Im sure somebody will post some soon. It was a good group, as they always seem to be.
antlerman
Platinum Member

NTA Life Member #0118

Email
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2013, 12:04:29 AM »

Another Fantastic Yoxathon.   Thanks to Psycho and Lee for having my back as always.  Great group of people we now call friends. Jeff, Chad, Connie and Jeff.  Bill left town and broke a little girls heart. I'm afraid it won't be her last broken heart.  LOL   Thanks Uncle Bill.

psycho
Platinum Member

2011 WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Email
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2013, 12:08:42 AM »

Yoxathons  are always a blast.  I wish I would have more time on my hands to visit with you guys.  It's always great to meet new people and it always seems like Yox has a great bunch of people in his classes.  Jeff everyone is wound tighter than Lee.  :) I sure do wish that Wisconsin pollock would have brought us some cheese curds though!   :P  The worse thing I could have done was to tell that guy to loosen up.  It was on after that.  LOL  I had a great time meeting you all and hope to see you all again in the near future.  Thanks Timmy for the snakes and as always opening the door for me and letting me come visit everyone.  I took Yox mushroom hunting and arrowhead hunting the day after his Yoxathon and although he didn't find an arrowhead he got to see some of my beautiful property and found quite a few mushrooms.  I'm uploading some pics I took so I will post some later.  Thanks everyone and nice meeting you all.  PSYCHO!

If I would have brought PSYCHO cheese curds I wouldn't have ended up in the corner.

I got this!  :)

This class is so good I haven't even broke a sweat! 
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 12:27:49 AM by psycho » Logged

psycho
Platinum Member

2011 WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Email
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2013, 12:32:54 AM »

Few more.   8)

Jeff hold still so I can get this tool up there. Connie don't look up but is Jeff using his tools on Jeff's nose instead of his 6900.

I see you!

When I crack my knuckles someone's ass is in trouble.  :)

trapper jeff
Bronze Member

Email
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2013, 12:00:05 PM »

Lee was getteing nervous that they stopped serving lunch across the road. ;D

Is it just me or is common sense not so common any more??
tem
Platinum Member

Email
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2013, 11:31:47 PM »

thanks for the pictures. i always get a kick out of them. :)
ccook63
Platinum Member

Email
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2013, 11:38:26 PM »

Those are some nice looking deer right there. Nice job everybody. Bill looks like he has lost some weight and gained a little hair. I hope we can get another "Yoxathon" in Michigan again soon.

DOUBLE TAKE TAXIDERMY
"SO LIFE LIKE YOU NEED TO LOOK TWICE"
doubletaketaxidermy.com
eagleone
Bronze Member

Email
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2013, 11:41:05 PM »

It really was a great weekend, I learned a ton and was fortunate enough to make a bunch of new friends.   We logged some serious shop time but the weekend really flew by.  Bill was a great instructor, that guy really knows whitetails.  He didn't just show us how to do things but explained why.  It was amazing to watch him work, he made everything look so easy.  No doubt in my mind my whitetails are going to improve drastically even if I only remember half of what he said. 
   The camaraderie was great Lee, Chad, Jeff and Connie were a pleasure to hang out with all day and Bill is a hoot to be around.  Antlerman was a real treat, opening up his shop for us and keeping us entertained- thanks Tim.  The riff raff showed up Saturday night though- some sawed off FIB (friendly Illinois beautician?) who liked to "jaw"!  Hahaha- seriously though Psycho was funny as hell and I'm glad I got to meet him.
   Thanks again for all your help Bill, I had a great weekend!

"jaw" - I have been laughing about that all week!!!!!!!!!

Mill Creek Taxidermy (fozzie)
Platinum Member

Email
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2013, 02:36:32 PM »

Looks like another great class once again ! I'm sure with those names as host's it was a winner !!! bunch of beautiful mounts !
psycho
Platinum Member

2011 WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Email
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2013, 08:03:01 PM »

It really was a great weekend, I learned a ton and was fortunate enough to make a bunch of new friends.   We logged some serious shop time but the weekend really flew by.  Bill was a great instructor, that guy really knows whitetails.  He didn't just show us how to do things but explained why.  It was amazing to watch him work, he made everything look so easy.  No doubt in my mind my whitetails are going to improve drastically even if I only remember half of what he said. 
   The camaraderie was great Lee, Chad, Jeff and Connie were a pleasure to hang out with all day and Bill is a hoot to be around.  Antlerman was a real treat, opening up his shop for us and keeping us entertained- thanks Tim.  The riff raff showed up Saturday night though- some sawed off FIB (friendly Illinois beautician?) who liked to "jaw"!  Hahaha- seriously though Psycho was funny as hell and I'm glad I got to meet him.
   Thanks again for all your help Bill, I had a great weekend!

"jaw" - I have been laughing about that all week!!!!!!!!!

Some guys, I tell ya.  Just when you think the quiet one is too quiet.  I wish there was an animated smiley face that opened and closed it's mouth.  LOL  Love your new definition of a FIB but all my other Wisconsin friends and yours too really know what a FIB is.    ;D

antlerman
Platinum Member

NTA Life Member #0118

Email
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2013, 12:47:34 AM »

I hate to put a damper on this thread as we all had a great time, but it is with much sadness that I must pass on to you that our beloved Lee passed away today. This was our last hoorah with Lee. We will miss you brother. Lee had a heart attack and died instantly. Forever in our ears will be Lee's words to Yox to stop flapping his gums and mount a deer head. He was always picking on Bill, but they had a special friendship. Those who were in attendance know how Lee put his life on the line for me. A TRUE FRIEND.  :'(
Bill Yox
Forum Moderator

Email
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2013, 01:10:02 AM »

I have such mixed emotions. Im shocked by the news, saddened by the loss, and yet, so thankful to have seen Lee again, as sadly it became the last time. Lee was one of my Yoxathon students, and then came back to many of our Illinois classes to help out and hang with us...and to tell my students theyd already be done if the instructor wasnt flapping his gums, or running his jaws so much. He was always there for Tim as well. I guess I gotta put yet another loss into perspective...my prayers to Lisa and family.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 01:30:08 AM by Bill Yox » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  Taxidermy Discussion Categories  |  Deer and Gameheads  |  Topic: Illinois Yoxathon last weekend « previous next »
Jump to: