Lee Boulware passed away today. MDP62 on taxinet.
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 15, 2019, 10:53:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1794012 Posts in 224167 Topics by 49577 Members
Latest Member: SaraJean
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  General Discussions  |  The Taxidermy Industry  |  Topic: Lee Boulware passed away today. MDP62 on taxinet. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Lee Boulware passed away today. MDP62 on taxinet.  (Read 5811 times)
antlerman
Platinum Member

NTA Life Member #0118

Email
« on: May 03, 2013, 11:48:57 PM »

Big Lee as we all called him. His tag name was mdp62. Million Dollar Plumber. We always joked about Lee owning a plumbing business and having all the money.  His wife Lisa came home from work to find Lee laying in the living room floor. He had been vacuuming. Many of you may not know Lee as he was a relative new comer to taxidermy, but he had been a student of mine, Bill Yox, Dan Hudzik, and Georgia Karl's. Lee was always on hand to lend a hand where ever he was needed. Of course we teased the crap out of him but he was always able to dish it back at us. Yox was his favorite to pick on. During any Yoxathon, he would show up and tell the students that when Yox gets done flapping his gums we'll mount some deer heads. LOL  Many of you will recognize Lee as the Golly Green Giant as depicted by our beloved Glen Conley. I can just imagine them two together now plotting a huge prank to be played out on all of us.
Lee was the kind of friend that had your back in any situation. I'll miss you brother. The shop just won't be the same without you stopping in. Lee was just 50 years old.

Taken just last week during Yoxathon with Psycho

And the infamous Golly Green Giant

and playing with Tom Voyer during Gator Wars.

« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 07:03:23 AM by antlerman » Logged
MITCHELL4
Silver Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2013, 11:57:33 PM »

Sorry to hear this. Sounds like a good man to have known. Ill be praying for his family and the ones he had touched in his life.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
3bears
Platinum Member

Email
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2013, 12:43:10 AM »

Sorry for your loss Tim. Prayers sent for Lee and all that  knew or loved him.
Low T
Platinum Member

Email
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2013, 01:18:18 AM »

A lose for Lee's loved ones, and a reality slap for the rest of us. Nobody is promised a whole day to live, lets make them count.

And no, I do not own a Tshirt that has a wolf or unicorn on it.
There is no such thing as gun control, only people control.
Stop Rot,,use it or lose it.
Rest well our friend, you are missed.
psycho
Platinum Member

2011 WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Email
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2013, 01:21:38 AM »

Thanks for the call Tim.  I just got done going through the files and found 71 pictures of Lee.  I made a separate file so I can give Lisa a copy of all the pictures.  I just don't understand the big picture.  We will all miss you big Lee.  Dan  :'(
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 01:36:55 AM by psycho » Logged

Bill Yox
Forum Moderator

Email
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2013, 01:29:29 AM »

I paid my respects on the Yoxathon thread, but let me add this, as Tim and Dan will understand this one...

...Lee, I hope you feel the love.

Gonna miss you big man.
antlerman
Platinum Member

NTA Life Member #0118

Email
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2013, 02:13:02 AM »

My granddaughter called him Lee Lee. One day last summer Lee was helping me mount a large bison out under the pavillion. Summer was under foot as always. It was so cool to see such a giant of a man be so tender and gentle with a pesky little girl. He had a way about him that she trusted, and she never feared him. I guess if Papa wasn't afraid there was no need for her to be. Lee was family.

Another funny story was when Lee, Psycho, Georgia and I were sewing up a Tiger mount. We all had a leg we were working on. As we sewed along, we'd ask Lee....How ya doing Lee? He'd say....about 6 inches to go. We'd look and he had sewed 2 inches with 15 to go. 10 minutes later someone would ask....How ya doing Lee? Oh about 6 inches to go...we'd look and he had sewed maybe an inch. So the running joke became "with fingers spread about 2" apart.....about 6" to go.

When I'd call him I'd always ask....Whatcha doing Lee? Playing with your ballsack?  He'd say no, but doesn't sound like a bad idea. I know what it likes. Besides...it's not beyond me to do something like that.  I'll call ya back in about 10 minutes.

When discussing pricing....Lee really didn't want to work to hard so he'd price himself out of the job and laugh and tell people to take it to Thacker. If I have to work cheap, I'd rather not. Then he'd call me and tell me he was sending a guy over for one of my cheap deer heads. It was a joke because Lee didn't want to work at all regardless of price.

When Lee felt left out or slighted in any way..He'd say......Not Feeling the love.
As Bill said...........Hope you feel the love big guy.  We will so badly miss you.
psycho
Platinum Member

2011 WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Email
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2013, 02:19:21 AM »

That's a good one Tim.  Made me laugh because you can hear him say all that and then some.  Have Becky show you my face book page.  I posted a pic that we tried to text you one day when he was up here doing another gator class with me.  You'll get a kick out of it.  :)

taxi_grl_ga
Platinum Member

Email
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2013, 08:28:36 AM »

This is sad news. I met Lee for the first time at Gator Wars, he was massively intimidating to me and a tad quiet on first impression. Then when I saw him the next year at the Midwestern Regional Convention it was like we were long-lost best buddies! We were both taking the hands-on mammal mounting class; his unrelenting cracks, fun chatter and gruff yet positive personality contributed greatly to my enjoyment of the weekend. The next round will surely not be the same without him. Lighting a candle and thinking of ya today...be in peace.     
michael p.
Platinum Member

Getting better with age :)

Email
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2013, 09:21:51 AM »

Ol' Lee...... if there ever were a gentle giant, that would be him :)

Spent my whole life lookin' back
 Not lookin' ahead to see
 Trying to keep my feet on track
 Doin' what was expected of me
 Kick my shoes off so they can't trace me
 Leave no forwarding address
 Before they all drive me crazy
 And I leave 'em all in a bloody mess
C.C.
Bill Yox
Forum Moderator

Email
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2013, 11:26:25 AM »

Id be knee deep into a Yoxathon class, and Lee, always the "sentinel", would sit off to the side and observe. You could see that look he would do, one eye more open and focused, with the matching high eyebrow, you all know the look. He would be watching the others to make sure they were following me ok...but he was also just waiting and watching for me to slip up or leave him an opening to jump me with a joke or a zinger. I always did my best to return volley.

He would walk over to someone after I worked something out with them, such as a stitch for example, and even though he tried to quiet his thunderous voice, you could still here him say..."Welll, I dont think you need all that fancy stitching Yox does, I just do it this way..." It was funny, maybe to some that would seem wrong, in light of it being my class, but with Lee, it was just a genuine opinion of his. You could take it as Lee just being Lee, or better yet, a taxidermist showing you a simple alternative and helping me, and the student, out.
antlerman
Platinum Member

NTA Life Member #0118

Email
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2013, 12:42:30 PM »

When I think of all my years with Lee there is one thing that stands out more so than anything else, and that would be his love for his best friend, that being his wife Lisa. Several years ago Lee sold his plumbing business and was pretty well set. Nice home, etc. When I'd call to ask for help on something he'd always say.....I've got to leave by 4:30 in order to make supper for the workers. (the worker being his wife)  He'd say; for many years she stayed home while I worked and raised our 3 sons and had supper on the table for me every night when I rolled in. Now that she's the bread winner I've got to make supper as he would laugh. Him dying while vacuuming the floors is so Lee. He loved his woman and didn't care who knew it.

Lee liked to drink a bit, but it was always a scheduled event. Thursday Night and Sunday Morning, but he called it going to church. Thursday night was bible study night and Sunday was church services. Thursday night was at the V.F.W. hall and Sunday morning was at the American Legion hall. But I never saw Lee drunk.

Lee would never let me pay him for anything. He would always say; we'll work it out someday. Recently he said; I need something to mount. I asked what and he said a deer head. I gave him a nice rack, cape and mannikin. He said; paid in full. Yesterday his son asked me if I would come over and go thru his freezer and help with the stuff there. Looks like I'll get to mount that deer head as a tribute to my buddy now.

Lee didn't mix words. He was blunt and to the point. In a recent event, I asked Lee if he could meet me at a certain location. He asked; is it stinky? I said yep. He said I'll bring my tools (gun) and he was there before I was. Person I was having a conflict with showed up with a goon of his own. You should have seen the look on their faces when Lee walked in with me. Any ideas they had of a physical altercation soon vanished. It was a script straight out of a movie. Dirty Harry I think. We didn't kill anybody on that day, but not because he was afraid to. A Loyal Friend indeed who would risk his own life if need be for a friend. A friend I will miss forever. R.I.P. Big Lee  I'll keep your seat reserved for ya at church should you ever want to come by for a visit with the fellowship and partake in communion.

EA
Platinum Member

Email
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2013, 04:02:53 PM »

Sounds like many have lost a great friend. My condolences to his Family and Friends.

"Don't tell fish stories where the people know you.
Particularly don't tell them where they know the fish." - Mark Twain
AndyO
Platinum Member

meow

Email
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2013, 04:27:06 PM »

Sad news. Lee was a hell of a man. Condolences to his family.

"If you are not aware of how bad you suck, you're an idiot."  ~Rick Carter 1-12-12
socalmountainman
Gold Member

Northwestern School of Taxidermy - Class of '73

WWW Email
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2013, 04:44:07 PM »

I never knew Lee but he sounds like a great man. Very fitting to put him on the cover of the home page. I'm sorry for your loss.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  General Discussions  |  The Taxidermy Industry  |  Topic: Lee Boulware passed away today. MDP62 on taxinet. « previous next »
Jump to: