R.I.P. Audie Crabtree
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 17, 2019, 04:08:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1794012 Posts in 224167 Topics by 49577 Members
Latest Member: SaraJean
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  General Discussions  |  The Taxidermy Industry  |  Topic: R.I.P. Audie Crabtree « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: R.I.P. Audie Crabtree  (Read 1857 times)
Ken Edwards
Taxidermy.Net Forum
Administrator

Redfish near Venice, Louisiana

WWW Email
« on: July 20, 2015, 04:30:10 PM »

At the NTA convention last week, I was saddened to learn of Audie Crabtree's passing earlier this month.

Audrey E. Crabtree of Citrus Heights, California, known to all his friends as Audie, died on July 11, 2015, at the age of 88. He was born in St. Francis, Kansas. He was a Veteran of both WWII and the Korean War. He retired from McClellan AFB in 1981, and was the Founder of Crabtree's Taxidermy which he operated for over 50 years. He was an avid sportsman, big game hunter and loved the great outdoors. He is survived by his wife of 58 years, Mary Lou Crabtree, who served many years on the Board of Directors of the National Taxidermists Association. The photo above was made in 2002 at the NTA Convention in Columbia, Missouri.

Three years ago, Audie was a part of one of the most moving tributes at the 2012 NTA awards banquet in Rogers, Arkansas. Audie Crabtree (assisted by John Janelli) joined other WWII and Korean War veterans Bill Haynes and William Hale to present the colors. These heroes, the last surviving members of the Greatest Generation, lead the crowd of 200-plus in the Pledge of Allegiance and the Star Spangled Banner and received a spontaneous and heartfelt standing ovation.

See more at: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/sacbee/obituary.aspx?n=audrey-e-crabtree&pid=175301117&fhid=6330#sthash.PKwTrTGP.dpuf

George Roof
Platinum Member

The older I get, the better I was.

WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2015, 04:43:36 PM »

Godspeed Audie.

If the truth offends you, then by all means, avoid it.
finazducks
Platinum Member

EJ is not the only one to have two WASCO Awards

WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2015, 05:28:31 PM »

My heartfelt condolences to you Mary Lou  I was always glad to see Audie's smiling face.  He was such a nice person and always had the California association in his heart.  We will miss you Audie

DavidsonT
Bronze Member

Email
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2015, 12:02:21 PM »

Sorry for your loss Mary Lou.It was always a great joy to visit with him at the NTA conventions.A great man and a life well lived
Michelle B
Platinum Member

Email
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2015, 09:38:39 PM »

I only had the pleasure of meeting Ms Mary Lou and Mr Audie once at the New Orleans winter board meeting in 2009.  They both were very nice and very welcoming to me,  So sorry for your loss Ms Mary Lou.

"The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the best of everything that comes their way!"
Wraith
Bronze Member

Email
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2015, 02:37:56 AM »

You could always count on Audie for a smiling face, great stories and great laughs!!!

I had the great honor to spend many hours sitting with Audie over the years at the California Association of Taxidermy shows.  He would find his spot on the show room floor, set up his favorite chair and cop a squat for the whole event.  He would talk to anybody and everybody who stopped buy or if you walked by without saying hi, he would grab you with his cane and give you what for......we all laughed and had a great time.  He was the ambassador of the show and a respected icon.

A five minute conversation with Audie and you were friends for life.  I am truly honored to have known Audie and had him in my life, he will be greatly missed!!!!!

My heart felt sorrow, respect and prayers go out to you Many Lou....you have wonderful support in your personal and taxidermy family!!!!

God Bless!!!
Pages: [1] Print 
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  General Discussions  |  The Taxidermy Industry  |  Topic: R.I.P. Audie Crabtree « previous next »
Jump to: