1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Lifesize Mammal of the Month #5 (8/08-9/08)

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by Doylestudio, Aug 12, 2008.

1. KevinH

KevinH Active Member

heres a skunk I did, it was getting dark out when I took the pic, and the flash made it a little too bright.

[​IMG]

2. Awesome wolverine, Jim B. I just finished my first lion on Friday. Actually, it's only my second lifesize. The only other LS I've done is a javalina a few years ago. It took me 12 hours to mount, and I didn't start until 4 in the afternoon, so it was a long night. Overall, I'm happy with the results, but still have a long way to go and a lot to learn. I was pretty lost when it came to the paws, especially the front and the re-tracted claws. I read the Breakthrough mammal book and the Art of the Big Cats and looked at the diagrams, but I guess I still didn't quite get it. I've tried to clean them up as much as possible, but they still need some work.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. gawd awesome cat

4. bamaboy

bamaboy New Member

hey nmtaxi, if you are having trouble retracting the claws just cut them off, that is what i do and you will have no problems hiding the cut claw

5. jasonb

jasonb I think I'll keep her

nmtaxi are those markings on the face real it looks like he has got a mask on? overall though I like the mount.

6. Very nice cat
    The one thing that stands out is it looks like there is a kink about 6" from the end of the tail , might be just the grooming ??????

bamaboy is right you could take the claws off and sew up the holes.
    I like the cat very much.

Great work

7. Michael Shipman

Michael Shipman Killen Merriams in SD

here's a couple of bobcats fighting just finished

8. Michael Shipman

and another

9. Michael Shipman

and a grey fox

10. jasonb

Love those cats Great job.

11. thatguyonline

thatguyonline winnie the pooh

WI
    Yea, I love the cats too!!! Man they're PISSED!

12. Thanks for the comments guys. It's funny that everything I read, it was never mentioned to just remove the claws. For my first, that would have definately simplified things.
    Jason B., you are right about the face. I do think they're are some subtle hair patterns there, I definately over-accentuated them. I've gone back and re-groomed, softening up those patterns. Thanks.

13. jasonb

You are welcome. You did a very nice job on it for a fist I only hope my first lion looks that good.

14. iv seen those cats a while back ...... when you were altering them .. they look awesome