1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

thought i was crazy until..

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by B2L, Aug 13, 2008.

1. B2L

B2L New Member

never mounted a fish before but i read and watched and went for it... Well ordered the wrong turn form... and a little to fat... so back to the computer I went and found a better sized one and a correct turn in WASCO... got the form the other day not paying any attention to it... So.. got the skin out of the freezer, put the head on, epoxied, smooted with dremmel, made it look pretty.. went to throw the skin on and i was like WTF.. grabbed the 1st form and wouldnt you know it both forms were the same turn.. So I was thinking you dumbass you ordered the same turn as the first time... dug through paperwork and nope I ordered the correct turn but got sent the wrong one... urgh... good thing im not doing this for a living.. Time to reorder, again :-\ and find a couple more fish customers to get rid of these 2 forms...
    Eric

2. sorry about you form problems, but why not mount it in reverse and put it on a piece of driftwood. Heres a wiper I did like that and it turned out very nice

3. deadwood

deadwood New Member

I did the same thing with a largemouth, and its still my favorite

4. Where did you get that wiper?? It's a good one. ;D

5. TomL

TomL New Member

Don't feel bad. I did the same thing with one of my first mounts. It was a perch which I just mounted in a reverse curve. It turned out good, actually I think a reverse curve makes the fish look bigger. Maybe its just me. You could try it and mount it around a piece of driftwood like in the post above and it should look natural.

6. I mounted it for a good friend of mine. It was about 22 in and caught out of a small lake in central Ohio. I cant remember the name of the lake

7. ReporterSr

ReporterSr If you think education is expensive, try ignorance

It still looks good. The caption on the photo says the wiper is a hybrid striper. Stripers I know, but what is this crossed with?

8. Warren

Warren Member

NC
    striped bass x white bass = Wiper

9. ReporterSr

ReporterSr If you think education is expensive, try ignorance

Thank you. My BF and I are now better educated, and he's quite an avid fisherman.

10. B2L

B2L New Member

Thought about that but wasnt sure if it was acceptable.. Remember I posted the antler shed mount and it was supposedly on the plaque upside down...?? I still dont think there is an upside down.. but i didnt want to violate any taxidermy rules.. ha ha... Now im out of the game for awhile becuase i had 2 wisdom teeth yanked, tongue advacned, and my solft pallet shrunken.. so me and percosets are friends for a few days :) In that time my order will come.... :)