1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Making custom eyes out of clear acrylic. (A tutorial)

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by Jknuth, Aug 13, 2008.

1. Hiya all.

I keep getting emails about this. so here goes.
    A custom acrylic eye tutorial.

http://www.knuthart.com/joshua/blog/

I made a Bull Shark eye, but this technique will work for any animal Mammal, Bird, Reptile and Fish.

Here is the finished eye.
    [​IMG]

I hope it helps out, and Have some fun!!
    ~Josh

2. Uncle Harley

Uncle Harley New Member

WOW!!!!

3. Great tutorial, thanks for sharing Josh. That is awesome the talented people that visit this site everyday and share their knowledge for free.

D.

4. Free HA
    You all owe me a fifty bucks.
    BUHAHAHAHA

I am glad to.
    ;D

5. Joey Arender

Joey Arender big mouth alert

You are a freak>>> That is cool, and is something I just wish I could do. Thanks for sharing!!!!!

6. You can just do it.
    I started it late last night. Its involved, but alot of it is waiting for resin and silicone.

7. J. Sonner

J. Sonner New Member

Awesome Josh, Thanks for the time you put into it.

8. TomL

TomL New Member

Excellent tutorial Josh. Im definitely gonna give it a try, just doubt my paint job will be anything near yours. Actually 50 dollars is probably a bargain for what I've learned from you on here so far. Thanks for takin the time to show how you do things.

9. PercaFluviatilis

PercaFluviatilis ...I hunt , therefore I am...

Excellent tutorial Josh. Thank You very much!

10. Red stag

Red stag Active Member

Norway
    Josh- Thanks for sharing. The results are great. :eek: Ollie

11. Taxi-lover

Taxi-lover Active Member

Thank you so much!! This was a killer tutorial...

12. I'm blown away-WOW!

13. DAMN IT!!!! I Guess i'll have to try that this weekend with that recently cast bluegill.

You know josh, you and lowell have been delaying my whitetails and other mammals lately....nice tutorial...!!!

14. jim tucker

jim tucker Active Member

I have got to say some of the cool stuff that has been posted lately has really made me HUNGRY to do taxidermy after years of just looking at it as a JOB.

I haven't had the desire to do a competition piece or just something for myself for quite awhile.

Josh you have inspired me.

If you thought that technique up all by yourself it was brilliant.....if not....the guy who did was brilliant. VERY COOL.

15. Its not my Idea.

Just a modified version of what is done in the prosthetics and Special effects Industry.
    I just lowered the cost a bunch. lol Man Iam a cheapskate

16. cht

cht New Member

Cheeees and rice man , you make me want to start doing fish again. Thanks that is awesome

17. Chad See

Chad See Certified "Fish Head"

As usual Josh, that was amazing. You are a very talented individual. I for one really appreciate your openness and the time you take to put together tutorials. Thanks! I cant wait to try that method.

18. Jimmy Lawrence

Jimmy Lawrence Well-Known Member

Your amount of god-given talent is unreal. You are an inspiration to us all. Me for sure.

I LOVE THAT EYE. I HAVE A REFERENCE PICTURE THAT MATCHES THAT EXACTLY.

Man, your awesome.

Jimmy

19. mk

mk -30 below

IL
    ditto. josh you are making some crazy cool stuff man, thanks for inspiring us to try and think outside the box

20. AWT

AWT "Preserving all God's creatures"

WOW! that's Amazing. Thanks a lot