1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

The Taxidermy Net Forum: Ten Years Old and Going Strong

Discussion in 'Taxidermy History' started by Ken Edwards, Aug 19, 2008.

1. Becky P

Becky P One must believe the glass is half full.

Same here. The only time I'm here once a day or less is if I'm not home or my internet connection or computer dies. I can't remember the exact first time I visited, I "think" it was in '99 but I didn't post for quite a while, just lurked.

Between this forum and the TTAI I've learned a ton and had it not been for both I would've probably quit taxidermy. I was to a point that I was stuck and not improving and had no idea you could actually get help from fellow taxidermists, I thought they all threw you in the street.

THANK YOU KEN!! You're an absolutely awesome person for what you have done by bringing us all together. THANK YOU!

2. Amy

Amy Mammal artist

Wow.. it is amazing how this forum has grown in ten years!

I believe my first visit was sometime in early 2001. I was looking at the old forums the other day and found some old posts of mine. Asking such things as "how much water should I add to bondo to thin it" and "I washed my rat skins in HOT water and the hair fell out -why?"

LOL. A reminder to never laugh at ANY question a beginner may ask

3. jim tucker

jim tucker Active Member

So true. I can remember you coming on the forums. I actually thought you were someone JOKING....LOL. A young girl mounting RATS??

I hope I didn't say anything bad....since you are REAL.

4. Wayne R

Wayne R NRA and B&C Life Member

Ken, congratulations on your ten year milestone.The amount of help it has given to so many people including myself is immeasurable. "Thank you!"

5. B Jones

B Jones Memeber of - NTA,UTA,AIT.Proud Member of NZTA.

Happy Birthday to Taxidermy.Net

6. Kittrell Hill

Kittrell Hill 9 Beard Merriam 2008 Meade Co SD

I with Jim my wife said she thought ebay was bad until I started on this site but I have been on this site for about 6 years. I just got really active on the site in the last 2 years and have learned more than I ever thought I could ever learn. I admit I AM ADDICTED ;D