1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Pennsylvania State Taxidermy & Wildlife Art Championships 2009

Discussion in 'Convention Information' started by Ken Edwards, Aug 21, 2008.

1. Re: who is going to the PA show

Ive heard that Jen will have major competition this year as mistress Eye candy is making an appearance!!

2. hunterray2002

hunterray2002 http://www.finandfoto.com

Re: who is going to the PA show

Won't be making it this year unfortunately. I enjoyed last years show and the year before. Bruce rittle is one really cool guy. cheers

3. Nina Lukaszewicz

Nina Lukaszewicz Outdoor Dreams Taxidermy

I'll be there. Now let's just see if I can get a competition deer and a couple drawings done in time.

4. RATTRAP

RATTRAP Don't laugh, deer think my head is an acorn!

Went last year and it rates as one of the best & biggest. I'll definitely be there.

5. Christie

Christie Instructor, Consultant & Speaker

In my house it's not an option....

I'm looking forward to seeing all of the familiar faces, and meeting some new ones. See you there!

6. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Cristie....are you wearing your "ping pongs" this year ???

7. Christie

Christie Instructor, Consultant & Speaker

Ha! I had forgotten about that until Brian reminded me at our meeting last Saturday. Actually, I believe he said "I'm on YOUR team this year".

So - apparently I'm captaining a team. And we will, of course, be the champions. Anybody else wanna join?

8. Brian Claar

Brian Claar New Member

All yes, I'm definitely on Christies team. I saw her tattoo more than on person between the eyes with beer soaked ping pong balls. ;D

9. Re: who is going to the PA show

Brian I agree. what was priceless was when Paul found out she had been dunking the filthy things in HIs beer LOl

10. brash

brash dying changes everything

is everybody from this site meeting at a certain place and time? never been there so dont know how big and hard it will be to find others.

11. Brian Claar

Brian Claar New Member

brash. Just come to the show and get to know some guys. Most of us end up at the Ramada lounge area every night.

Watch out for Tom (wetnwild) though. He is a cross dresser. ;D

12. truetolife

truetolife Fly goosey fly away....isn't she beautiful

PA

opps.. i think i hit fred with a ping pong ball....it was an honest accident..lol

13. Re: who is going to the PA show

Gonna need an auction on here for bail money this year,i think......... ;)..

14. RATTRAP

RATTRAP Don't laugh, deer think my head is an acorn!

Re: PA Harrisburg show?

I'll be putting 2 pieces into the competition. I have one ready to go and am putting the finishing touches on the second tomorrow.

Anyone else entering anything?

15. Becky

Becky Member

PA SHOW - DETAILS

You are invited to the Pennsylvania Show

I would like to invite everyone to the 30th Annual Pennsylvania State Taxidermy & Wildlife Art Championships, Trade Show and Annual Convention. It will again be in Altoona, PA from Wednesday, March 4, 2009 till Saturday, March 7, 2009. We have a great line up of seminars and a large presence of Vendors and Suppliers. Are you wondering about the competitions and award monies? The PTA will be giving away over $15,000.00 in awards & prize money at this show. Check out our website www.pataxidermy.com - all of the details on PTA Membership, Registration, & Competition is there. This is an event that you do not want to miss.

Last year, our competitors brought 330 pieces of taxidermy and art. We hosted members from 20 different states and one foreign country (Greece). There were 336 members present, along with their spouses or significant other and their children. The place was loaded with enthusiastic people and wonderful works of art. This is a great opportunity to better you, your taxidermy art, and your taxidermy business. There are 16 seminars planned, some of them geared to the more advanced taxidermist and some are training in business techniques. We have a Youth Wildlife Art Competition as well as 2 activities planed with arts and crafts for the children. You will also not want to miss out on the cooking seminar Saturday afternoon – the convention center chefs will be hosting a wild game cooking seminar complete with samples to taste. Plan on joining us at the banquet Saturday night - one of the big auction items is an African Hunt for 2. Complete information is available on our website. You do not need to be present to bid on the African hunt. If you would like, we can set up cell phones with people who would bid for you on this hunt.

When was the last time that you were at a show like this? We have an adventure planned that you do not want to miss. SEE YOU IN ALTOONA! Thank you in advance for joining us. Be sure to introduce yourself to me when you get there. I am Ray Kowalski, current president of the PTA.

Judges:
    Brenda DuVall – Small Mammals & Small Miscellaneous Gameheads
    Jim Kimball – Birds & Turkeys
    Cory Caruthers – Waterfowl
    Aaron Connelly – Large Mammals & Large Miscellaneous Gameheads
    Rick Krane – Fish, Reptiles, & Amphibians
    Cary Cochran – Whitetails – Master/Professional
    Lou Gagliano – Whitetails – Amateur/Jr. Amateur & Commercial Category

Seminars:
    Brenda DuVall – Customizing your African work through alterations.
    Fred Gonzalez – Fixing broken antler points.
    Jim Kimball – Adv. large bird wing wiring technique – incl. neck & leg attachment & supports for suspended mount attachments.
    Kent Stryker – Skin Prep.
    Aaron Connelly - Sculpting a life-size Mountain Lion.
    Justin Nagy - Creating Trees.
    Mike Gillis - Commercial application on whitetails.
    Kent Stryker - Business Phase II.
    Tom Voyer – Skinning & Mounting a turtle.
    Roger Martin – Wall mount & pedestal habitat tips using McKenzie’s new add on’s.
    Ashley Barrett – Mounting a pedestal zebra.
    Cory Caruthers – Mounting a standing pheasant.
    Archie Phillips – Complete fish skinning, mounting, painting & business.
    Lou Gagliano – Set eyes, lip work – translucent finish – advanced insutrction.
    Rick Krane – Custom painting & setting eyes plus fine detail painting of fish heads.
    Cary Cochran – Molding & Casting – Open mouth work on Whitetail – advanced instruction.

Suppliers/Vendors:
    Al Holmes Taxidermy & Supply
    Bears Den Driftwood
    Beetleworks
    Breakthrough
    Cape Snake
    Carolina Fur Dressing/Headquarters Taxidermy Supply
    Derma Grip
    East Coast Tannery
    Eberly’s Bugworks
    Embroidery by Allison
    Fox Grove Creations
    Helping Hand Hangers
    Hilton Eppley Forms
    Jeff Kuhn’s Specialties
    Jim Allred Taxidermy Supply
    Jordans Bear Den
    Keystone Fur Dressing
    Knoblochs
    Lake Country Replicas
    McKenzie
    Nicholas Lindsay Mache Products
    Noonkester Freeze Dry
    Northern Pines Taxidermy & Wholesale Rugs
    Ohio Taxidermy Supply
    Pine Acres Taxidermy & Tannery
    Pscolka Woodworks
    Quality Taxidermy Supply
    Research Mannikins
    Rhonda’s Ruggers
    RM Antler Reproductions
    Sivko Fur, Inc.
    Stone Insurance
    Taylor Panels
    The Wood Box
    Tohickon
    Trufitt
    Van Dyke’s Supply
    Walnut Creek Hardwoods
    Wildlife Gallery

16. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Re: PA SHOW - DETAILS

I can't wait!! For anybody thinking about going....DO IT!! You will not be dissapointed!

17. Re: PA SHOW - DETAILS

If you just go to one show go to the PA show this year.You will not be disappointed they have a great line of judges,also there will be many suppliers you could stock up for a whole year.And see all the new stuff also. see you there Rick

18. Nina Lukaszewicz

Nina Lukaszewicz Outdoor Dreams Taxidermy

i'll be there

19. Re: PA SHOW - DETAILS

Howdy....I have never been to a show before......I can probably only make it to the show on one of the days... I live app. 3 hours from Altoona, I will probably just drive up and back by myself, as I don't know any other taxidermists that are going to go. What day do you think would be the best day to pick from? Would Saturday be a good choice? also, I wanted to join the PTA so that I could enter a piece at the Harrisburg Sportsmen show......but I was too late. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

20. MIKEO-PA

MIKEO-PA Mike and Jen Olszanowski, pa

where ya from in PA?

i would go sat if you want to view the competition pieces, but check the pta site for the times of the classes you need. the other days may have classes better suited for you and that is more important then the competition room anyway.