1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Illinois Taxidermist Association Convention 2009

Discussion in 'Convention Information' started by Ken Edwards, Aug 21, 2008.

1. Ken Edwards

Ken Edwards Taxidermy.Net Administrator Staff Member

March 12th through 15th, 2009
    The 29th Annual <A HREF="http://www.illinoistaxidermist.com/">Illinois Taxidermist Association</A> Convention & Competition
    Decatur Conference Center & Hotel, Decatur, IL
    Contact Erik Esposito at (309) 473-2383 or <A HREF="http://www.illinoistaxidermist.com/">visit the ITA website</A> for details.

2. erik1

erik1 New Member

I will have the show registration packets out by the end of the week. Our judges this year are Kent Reedy for birds, Pat Wagner for whitetails, Rick Krane for fish and our mammal and gamehead judge is still in the works. If anyone has any questions feel free to contact me on here, by email or phone.

3. erik1

erik1 New Member

We were able to get Mike Yeska as our mammal and gamehead judge. We had to make a few changes to our seminar schedule also. I will try to get it changed on the website ASAP! Seminars will be as follows:
    Friday-2 pm Hunt of a Lifetime They will be mounting an elk again this year. Organized by Jody Green.
    Saturday 9am Rick Krane painting a smallmouth bass
    Saturday 1 pm Kent Reedy competition bird heads, neck shapes, and head and neck union
    Sunday 8 am Mike Yeska casting mammal feet and making your own earliners with fabric
    Sunday 12pm Pat Wagner Whitetails

Don't forget to make you room reservations by Feb. 10!!

Preregister by Feb. 21!! No money is needed at this time!

4. bw

bw New Member

Illinois Show!!

If you have been putting off your registration, I thought I would remind you that TODAY (Feb 10th) is the deadline for reserving hotel rooms in our block. After today, they will be reserved on a space/rate availablity. We get a cheaper rate for our room block.

Don't delay!!!

5. Missouri Creek Studio

Missouri Creek Studio Black buck Walnut pedestal

Re: Illinois Show!!

Called mine in yesterday....now to figure out what I'm going to compete with.
    Doug
    MCS

6. bw

bw New Member

You are not alone!!

7. mk

mk -30 below

IL

hey bw, maybe i'll see you at the show ;)

8. Re: Illinois Show!!

Ill be there this year and will be send registration soon.

9. Uncle Harley

Uncle Harley New Member

sent my packet in earlier this week. I won't be staying in the hotel though :-\

10. Re: Illinois Show!!

Think I'll go this year. Haven't been in a few years.

11. mk

mk -30 below

IL

sweet, i get to see everyone on here there. ;D

12. erik1

erik1 New Member

Glad to see everyone has not forgot about preregistering. You still have a couple weeks to get it in.

BW you still have time to get a duck put together! :)

13. erik1

erik1 New Member

Doug who did you call your registration in too?

14. bw

bw New Member

I think Doug meant he called in his hotel reservation.

And Erik...I will put together many ducks between now and then...but the problem is, they should have been back at their owners house two months ago. Whatever I bring is already put together...I just have to figure out which customer to try and get it back from!!

15. bw

bw New Member

Just wear your mooseknuckle shirt so I know who you are!!

16. Re: Illinois Show!!

For what it's worth, I'll be there.

17. sarahdj

sarahdj Active Member

Working the nerve up for competing- but will be there. I almost spaced the hotel reservation- I called in at about 11 p.m. after we got home from my older girl's regional bball game. I'll stop there- I could go on about her and her awesome game all day...

18. sarahdj

sarahdj Active Member

OH- my 7 yr. old master skinner is also fearlessly entering a piece for the youth division.

19. tracy

tracy coon dogs

Marsh Master you going to the INDIANA ONE 2
    i want to go to the ILLINOIS show also but not sure yet
    it is a few miles closer to me than ours

20. Missouri Creek Studio

Missouri Creek Studio Black buck Walnut pedestal

Eric: I just called in my Hotel registration, going to send in my packet to you next week, still debating the mounts I can have finished to compete with. Will be my wife and self for the banquet.
    Question, who keeps track of the past competition wins/placements ect. I don't know if I have enough points for an award of excelllence in any one catagory. I should have wrote down my entry on the back of the ribbons over the years, but I didn't.
    Thanks
    Doug
    MCS