1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Ohio State Taxidermy Championships 2009

Discussion in 'Convention Information' started by Ken Edwards, Aug 21, 2008.

1. Ken Edwards

Ken Edwards Taxidermy.Net Administrator Staff Member

March 27th through 29th, 2009
    The 2009 Ohio State Taxidermy Championships
    Sponsored by <A HREF="http://www.ohiotaxidermists.com/">The Ohio Taxidermists Association</A>
    Holmes County Expo Center, Walnut Creek, OH
    Contact Rod Tennant at (330) 231-8508, <A HREF="mailto:eek:hiotaxidermists@yahoo.com">e-mail the OTA</A> or visit the OTA website at www.ohiotaxidermists.com.

2. jim tucker

jim tucker Well-Known Member

The Information listed here is incorrect. This is the correct info.

March 27th through 29th, 2009
    The 2009 Ohio State Taxidermy Championships
    Sponsored by The Ohio Taxidermists Association
    Holmes County Expo Center, Walnut Creek, OH
    Contact Rod Tennant at (330) 231-8508

WEBSITE www.ohiotaxidermists.com

ohiotaxidermists@yahoo.com

3. jim tucker

4. jp_hunter

jp_hunter New Member

Ohio Taxidermy Championship

Hi all,

Ok, I did it. I finally sent in my membership app for the OTA. I want to go to the Championship in March to check it out, but have some questions.

The membership price says it includes the convention....are the championships and convention the same thing (it sounds like they are, but you know what happens when you assume)? I also want to bring my wife and son (he's 2 and loves deer) cause I know my son will love it. The problem is I wanted to attend some of the seminars on Saturday. Can they attend also or is there something for them to do while I attend? I just wanted to get a feel for what to expect so I can plan accordingly. Don't know if I should try to attend the seminars with them or just come for the public viewing.

Hopefully, I can meet some of you while I'm there. It sounds like it will be fun.

John

5. Todd B

Todd B Active Member

Re: Ohio Taxidermy Championship

I know in Indiana I pay for a family membership and my family can attend everything I attend and even compete.

6. The Ojibwa

The Ojibwa Member

Ohio

Jim Tucker is the guy to talk to, he's on here a lot...OTA is very welcoming to wives and kids...it's a nice atmosphere. They will enjoy it! It's $55 for the dues and show fee plus $15 per mount...gotta send my check here shortly! It's a new venue this year but it looks nice...have to say though that I wish it were in columbus...it's equal driving distance for everyone.

7. jim tucker

The "Championships" are the competition and convention.

The $55 membership allows you, your spouse and any minor children to attend any of the activities and seminars with you.

However kids and wives are usually BORED in those.

We have several children's seminars through the weekend. Your son is pretty young but your wife can attend and help with those. In fact that is where most of the moms hang out.

The show is in the heart of Amish Country and there is a LOT to see and do for the wives. In fact you may need to hide the money hahha.

go to: www.ohiotaxidermists.com to see about the children's seminars. In fact if you look through the website you will find a LOT of information you need.

IMO if you are a taxidermist, coming for the public viewing will only frustrate you. The public will only be able to see the entries. They will not be allowed access to the Supplier or Seminar areas.

8. jim tucker

Columbus, Ohio proved after 2 years they didn't want us there. Lots of behind the scenes stuff.

Besides what are you complaing about this should be closer to you HA HA. ;D

9. jp_hunter

jp_hunter New Member

Thanks for the info guys!

I figured they (she) would probably be bored with the seminars. I'll have to talk to her and see if she wants to take a couple of bucks and go shopping while I attend a seminar or 2.

Thanks again!

John

10. antlermike

antlermike Active Member

Im comming with driftwood I have lotts of antler to sell just sheds Elk Muledeer Fallow Whitetail Moose. But Is it legal to sell antler in Ohio .

11. Wildside

Wildside Active Member

But you will save on your bar tab, cause it's a dry area. Not that I would have a bar tab.

12. JSeiler

JSeiler Active Member

See you all there :)

Jim I am sorry if this is a dumb question or maybe some else can help me out in the additional fee area can you use the same mount for all the class entries?

13. jim tucker

If I understand your question. No.

You have to pick, Amateur, Professional or Masters...or you can enter in the Commercial category.

IMO enter in the Professional at the very least. The Amateur category is for VERY beginning taxidermists....not Amateurs to competition.

14. JSeiler

JSeiler Active Member

the application don't have masters or professional it only has mount entries, habitat entries best all around and commercial division

15. jim tucker

You will tell the competition chairman what division when you get there. The price is the same. However the Commercial Division costs a little less so it is listed separately.

Just send in your membership and the money for your entries. When you get to the show you will check in and then enter your mount. At that time you will declare what division you want to enter. If you should decide to do so you can enter even more mounts at the show....even register at the show, BUT it is cheaper to do it before.

16. JSeiler

JSeiler Active Member

thanks Jim for clearing that up

17. cwt

cwt Active Member

that would be the reason im not going this year along with another taxidermist down this way in ohio.good show but cant afford to drive that far especially not that the wif lost her job. i did enjoy the 2 years i went

18. Wildside

Wildside Active Member

I am gonna sit back and enjoy the ride from Michigan. This will be year number 5. Still got alot of work to get done.

19. jim tucker

The pre-registration has been extended to march 20th. Check out the website.

20. little fred

little fred R.I.P all my fallen taxidermy brother's

columbus loved you jim!!!!!!!!!!!!

it was march madness at the same time if you for got you are in the buckeye stat ha ha

freddy