1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Garden State Taxidermy Association Convention 2009

Discussion in 'Convention Information' started by Ken Edwards, Aug 21, 2008.

1. Re: Garden State Taxidermist Association Annual Convention and Competition

Hey Paul, if I have a big Jacuzzi and nice big bed,,,, I am Going to be done judging very fast and take my time else where LOL.... See you all in few weeks.

2. Re: Garden State Taxidermist Association Annual Convention and Competition

2 weeks away. Great seminars and great people at the show.
    Gregg

3. JOHNNY B

JOHNNY B New Member

GARDEN STATE TAXIDERMIST SHOW

I hope everone is working on a mount or two
    everything is finally done we have all of the awards and ribbons
    the pool party meet and greet looks to be a great time we just ordered a 6 foot sub
    a batch of buffalo wings,beer of all kinds, salsa and chips,sodas,cheese and veggies
    don't miss out FRIDAY JULY 17 AT 6 O CLOCK THE BEST WESTERN REGENCY HOUSE HOTEL
    IN POMPTON PLAINS NEW JERSEY

4. boarmountain

boarmountain Member

Re: GARDEN STATE TAXIDERMIST SHOW

I'll be there!! This is the best state show I have ever been to. They have the best awards and the show always runs w/o a hitch. I'll be driving in from out west to attend. See ya there!

5. NJTrapper

NJTrapper Member

The hotel we have this year is the best we ever had. Plenty of room for mounts, so don't be afraid to bring what you got. The pool party is shaping up to be something you don't want to miss, and couple that with some great seminars, and great judges, and this show is going to be smokin'. Hope to see everyone there.

6. Re: GARDEN STATE TAXIDERMIST SHOW

Pool PArty ,,,,, Heck who needs seminars . lol
    I am glad I am doing seminar before the party, but then again I do have to judge after it........

Julia has new bikini for party!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See alll you great folks next friday.

I am stocking up on red bull and capt-n morgan SOme coke also for the capt.

Gregg Ielifeld

7. Paul B

Paul B Active Member

A big thanks to the UTA for donating a hundred bucks towards our show. Craig Lewis gave me a call and said use this money as you see fit. Thank you, and I'll make sure all members get a membership form for the UTA. Also a special thanks to Mike and Cathy Kintner for their $200.00 dollar donation. Mike and Cathy have been past board members and officers of the GSTA for years, and from myself and all GSTA members, a big thank you. Since we are a small state, getting suppliers to come to our show is nearly impossible, so we rely on donations to get monies back in our pockets. We buy 365 days a year, a couple of forms once a year is all we ask. So to all that have allready sent something and are going to, thank you. Its a big help with the high cost of financing these shows and to keep going for years to come. Paul

8. Paul B

Paul B Active Member

Re: Garden State Taxidermist Association Annual Convention and Competition

9 days and counting.

9. Re: GARDEN STATE TAXIDERMIST SHOW

All joking aside, I will be doing a great seminar on mounting a full strut eastern Turkey. Start to finish, 3 hours long. Starting fri 3pm till 6pm.

I will have a real body to show how neck works, size & shape. Then I willl set up mannikin and mount the bird. Using silicone,,, yes LOve the stuff,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    This process will help with mounting of any bird......
    Gregg Ielfield

10. Crittercoroner

Crittercoroner DUDE, your uselessness is epic!

nj

Will Julia be wearing the new bikini during the seminar? That might make it a must see. lol

11. Re: GARDEN STATE TAXIDERMIST SHOW

Gregg looking forward to your seminar and to seeing both you and Julia.

12. scott wilkinson

scott wilkinson Member

Sorry to hear we won't see you this year, letting you know we will miss seeing you. I always have plans on coming to N.E.A.T. and sometimes can't make it, we always have a great time at either show, hope to see you soon!

I was just wondering do you know anyone else who could sing Spongebob for the the kids??????

13. BillFromPa

BillFromPa Active Member

Scott, Steve also does a pretty good Popeye the Sailorman too! :D

Gregg, save me a front row seat! See everyone friday..................Bill

14. Re: GARDEN STATE TAXIDERMIST SHOW

You got it, BUt people in the front row maybe asked to help........

Gregg

15. Crittercoroner

nj

I volunteer to be the official bikini adjuster/dismantler.

16. Re: GARDEN STATE TAXIDERMIST SHOW

JOhn, PAul,,, I thought you said no bar at the hotel. ? I just went on their web site and it shows BAR/lounge,,,, I hope we do not have to cross the road to have a adult drink.LOL
    Gregg

PS: julia has already located the mall 3 miles from hotel. MY price for judging just went UP.

17. wendell

wendell Member

hello everyone,8 more days until the show it should be a good one. just finish my mount
    can't wait. it's ready to go.

18. Ray Vosseller

Ray Vosseller New Member

Hi all just finshed and verything is ready see u all there sounds like a great show coming up ::)

19. Crittercoroner

nj

First deer just mounted and one to go, the dehumidifier and fans will be working overtime this week

20. Re: Garden State Taxidermist Association Annual Convention and Competition

1 week! We can't wait. We have heard a lot of great things about this show but have never been able to attend, this years sounds like it will be even better. Scott is frantically working on his entries. See everyone next week. ;D

Kim