1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Garden State Taxidermy Association Convention 2009

Discussion in 'Convention Information' started by Ken Edwards, Aug 21, 2008.

1. Paul B

Paul B Active Member

Re: GARDEN STATE TAXIDERMIST SHOW

Got you beat Dave, mounting one tomorrow. Going to have to use 2- part hide paste on work overtime with the hair drier. Nothing like last minute mounts, heck at least it won't be dry enough to drum, LOL

2. Re: GARDEN STATE TAXIDERMIST SHOW

Put a sham wow on it, that should dry it in time.

3. Crittercoroner

Crittercoroner DUDE, your uselessness is epic!

nj

hah, doing alterations tonight, might get her done tomorrow afternoon if I blow off the local wet down, otherwise it's gettin done Sunday morning.

4. Re: GARDEN STATE TAXIDERMIST SHOW

5 Days away. Turn the fans on high to dry the mounts. LOL

See ya all at the splash down pool party friday nite.......

Gregg & JUlia

5. Crittercoroner

nj

Just finished my first group piece. I've got a lifesize hippo chasing a school of talapia up a waterfalll while a flock of Hawiian geese are attacking them from above, all done tastefully in a Dominican rainforest salt/mud bog diarama. Boy the judges are gonna have their hands full. Went to the wet down and paid the price yesterday, mounting that deer this morning.

6. NJTrapper

NJTrapper Member

Hey Critter, decided to cut back on your show pc this year huh? LOL. I got so many fans going its like a wind tunnel here. Clock is ticking. Man, I am going to need this pool party.

7. Crittercoroner

nj

The tbd seminar Friday morning slot has been determined. I'll be doing cape work all the way up to just prior to mounting. That'll cover spitting, fleshing, and salting a green cape first, then I'll be doing all the final prep work getting a cape ready to mount. That'll cover final fleshing and thinning, ear cartilidge removal, earliner fitting, and repairs. That and just about anything else you all care to yap about. I'm planning on starting up right at 9:00 or so so get there early if this could help you all out.

Last deers finally mounted, fans going, dehumidifier going, and yet another year I've waited to the last minute.

Finished another diarama, l/s bongo being taken down by a snow leopard in a Floridian mangrove swamp. It's really realistic down to the gaboon vipers in the pine bows, penquins flying overhead, and the freshwater dolphins chasing schools blue catfish up a stream.

8. Re: GARDEN STATE TAXIDERMIST SHOW

4 words POOL PARTY CAptain Morgan

9. wendell

wendell Member

ray,what room did you get ?

10. Crittercoroner

nj

easy there bird boy, you judges ain't allowed to raise hell till after your jobs done.

11. BillFromPa

BillFromPa Active Member

Dave that might actually work to your advantage with them "Flying penguins" you have in your diorama. Would they fit into the upland or foul catagory?
    LMAO

12. Crittercoroner

nj

they would be upnorth fowl actually. I just fitted one with a prop and remote controll so I can buzz everyone at the pool party and bomb them with ice cubes.

Bird boy is going to love my pooping turkey vultures, they dump every minute on the minute and with a full tank can go for 3 hours.

13. Re: GARDEN STATE TAXIDERMIST SHOW

Dave, You are not RIGHT,,,,
    I know I can not have drinks at party, dammmmmmmm it. I will make up for it SAT nite. BUt JUlia can have her Grey Goose Fri..

See you all in 2 days.

Gregg

14. Re: GARDEN STATE TAXIDERMIST SHOW

I wish I was going to be able to make it. I had planned on coming down for the day on saturday but its just not going to happen. Sounds like its going to be a great show, im not going to miss it next year.

Matt

15. JOHNNY B

JOHNNY B New Member

hey Gregg
    Capt Morgan's sounds fine
    if your vision is blurrrred it may work in the competitors favor
    if your not seeing clearly
    johnny b

16. Crittercoroner

nj

just finished another group

this one's got a hummingbird flying to it's nest with an elephant seal grasped tightly in it's talons, whilethe rest of the herd are galloping to thier escape over a Saharan desert sand dune while a pack of painted turtles lie in wait on the other side. There's also a few black footed ferrets mixed into the pack of seals just for added realism. He'll, I even went overboard and really spruced the habitat work up by including an ice encrusted mountain gorilla skeleton that is emerging from within the salt water hot spring.

Today's job is a multi species recreation piece, I'll let you all know how it come's out tommorrow, that is if I can come up with enough groundhog tails today.

17. Paul B

Paul B Active Member

Geezz, you guys went all out on your enteries, all I did was 7 Mustang stallions running up a sand dune. I think the sand dune was a little more than I expected, takes a lot of sand. My buddies 40 yrd dump trailer really came in handy.

18. after the shot

after the shot N.E.A.T. Board Member

Crunch time, Kim and I are looking forward to the show. We have only been to the NEAT convention and are looking forward to meeting some new friends and seeing some old that couldnt make the NEAT this year. Enough chit chat gotta finish my entries. See y'all poolside. Scott

19. Re: GARDEN STATE TAXIDERMIST SHOW

The clock is ticking...less than 48 hrs...hope the paint will be dry...LOL. See you all Friday.
    Kim

20. Crittercoroner

nj

Quick update, Elvis just came out of the pickle so he's about ready to go, Michael just arrived whole frozen so I might have to DP him. They'll fit right in with Nessie, Sasquatch, the Jersey Devil, and the UFO shipped in from Area 51.