1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Training with Bill Yox

Discussion in 'Training' started by Rob Coates, Sep 10, 2006.

1. For those of you looking for some help with your WT mounts Bill"s the man to see.Get in the pens with live deer to see what they REALLY look like.Bill will show you ways to get a realistic mount with less effort.His finishing and painting ideas are worth the price of admission alone.

2. Rick Krane

Rick Krane Fish Taxidermist/ Judge/ Sculptor/ Instructor

It goes with out saying but I'm saying ti any way! Bill is a great teacher and a wonderful communicator! As a teacher my self when folks ask me to recommend a teacher for this or that I have to be so picky about who I recommend and not just because Bill and I have known each other both personally and professionally and have great respect for the finer quality's of taxidermy but that being said Bill has to be one of the very best if not the very best I have seen! I first hand witnessed his teaching skills and how he handled working with muiltitable individuals who were at diffrent levels of experience. being a great taxidermist is one thing but to be a great teacher is a art form all by it self!

Bill Yox is a true teacher of Mammals horns or opther wise! He gets the Anglers Artistry seal of approval! What ever that is worth!

My Best!

Rick Krane
    Anglers Artistry

3. bill@hogheaven

[email protected] New Member

Rob is my son & business partner. He is not an unaccomplished taxidermist, having won his Award of Excellence 4-5 yrs. ago with gameheads. I donated my repros of the Kopp buck from Artistic Antlers & the mount he brought from Bills is just phenomenal! So much of what Bill teaches applies to other species as well. Robs work has reached a new level. I am so glad he went & want to send out a big heartfelt thank you to Bill. Yox is the man !!

4. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

Thanks for the kind words, I really appreciate it. The reason my students do so well is simple...drive. They really WANT to excell, and the deer here certainly help. I do my best to simplify things, and to support what they do well here. Well, that and my secret deer shaped dog treats...

5. Ted B

Ted B Active Member

Hey Bill, I must be the exception to that :D

Seriously though, you're a great teacher, and we had alot of fun. I'd recommend you to anyone.

6. DaveT

DaveT "But with God all things are possible"

Bill is a great guy but he is totally overestimated when it comes to checking details in ear ear functions :) I think you know where I am coming from Yox?

By the way i am funny with Bill so please only 10 negative karmas at a time

7. Crittercoroner

Crittercoroner DUDE, your uselessness is epic!

nj
    I honestly dont know why anyone in their right mind would even consider training with that bald headed fat guy. Just kidding buddy. If it weren't for the 6 hour drive between our shops he'd see a hell of alot more of me, that's probably a good thing now that I think of it.

Having roomed with him at several shows, as well as spent time in class and working with Bill, I gotta say you cant go wrong, just beware of the late night, indoor, wrist shot contests as well as knowing in advance that you really dont learn anything good before midnight.

8. python12

python12 Member

where are you located Bill??

9. The only problem with Bill yox, is he keeps taking down my tree-stand near his pens. What gives?? Bill is a great guy and one of the best of the best in whitetails. Although Fred Vanderburg may have something to say about that LOL ROFLMAO

10. I agree, I went too Bills 4-5 years ago and it has helped me tremendously......If you have an opportunity to go then do it you wont be dissapointed!!You have got to be sure and get him to take you downtown and get a Garbage Plate for lunch though!!
    The only problem was his kids said I talked funny though lol

Dan

11. Bill Yox

OOOOPPPSSS! Python, I just noticed this post. Im in Brockport New York, outside of Rochester, in western part of the state.

12. Ted B

Ted B Active Member

Oh God, I forgot about the Garbage Plate, and the red-hots and the nightly trips for the extra large Sprite and the trips to Tim Hortons so I wouldn't feel homesick. LOL

Bill, I don't know when but I will make it back to visit, or you could just overnight me a garbage plate from Jimmy Z's

Ted

13. Bill Yox

Ted, we sure did make some long days into nights, didnt we? Hell we had to give the deer a break anyway.

14. python12

python12 Member

Thanx Bill..
    would love to train w/you but you're a bit too far for me to go.

15. I agree with all you guys. I went to Bill's last year and it really has helped on my deer head mounting. His finishing work alone is phenominal and really opened my eyes. He is a great teacher as well.
    Anyone looking on improving should really give him a call.

16. oneshot

oneshot Member

Bill,

Can I get a number to call you at? I am interested in obtaining some of your sage wisdom.

Thanks,
    Oneshot

17. 1tigger

1tigger Active Member

I am just starting to do mammals and spoke with Bill last weekend about attending one of his courses !
    I explained what I was looking for and how much < little > formal training and experience doing deer .
    He was very helpful and knowledgeable dealing with his trade .
    He went on to explain how I needed to try and mount a few and get a better idea of the anatomy of my mounts and then give him a call . Long story short he told me a way to learn the basics and then take his class to learn the finer points of taxidermy .
    He could have just kept quiet and taken my money and tried to teach me a few things knowing it wouldn't be quality results in a short amount of time but didn't .
    That there folks is HONESTY and INTEGRITY , too bad there isn't more of that in this world .

When I'm comfortable with what I can accomplish on my own , I WILL CALL YOU BILL !
    Your honesty is appreciated very much !!!

Bill