1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

UPS vs FEDEX

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by cold trapper, Dec 12, 2006.

1. cold trapper

cold trapper age 15 a trapperman w/7 prime rats!

Who do YOU like better UPS or FEDEX? ... why?

given the fact that every dark cloud has a silver lining. I guess there is both good and bad in all of us.
    :)

Happy Christmas tree days! :D :D :) ;) ;)

2. Jims Wildlife Studio

Jims Wildlife Studio Full Time PA Taxidermist

I have tried them both, And always seem to go back to UPS. I seem to get my packages during business hours and not 7:00 or 8:00 at night.

3. Exactly opposite for me! UPS is all hours and Fed-ex guy is always around noon. They are always here in 2 days, Fed-ex seems to be cheaper. My biggest reason I use Fed-ex is, The UPS guy goes to one of my competitors for his Taxidermy work. Reason being, the UPS guy said they were old high school buddies. I am sure he don't care if he brings me my orders or not. But I don't use them for this reason, mostly!

4. Alaskan

Alaskan Member

Have had good luck with Fed Ex.

5. for the last year or so UPS shipments have had boxes torn open or smashed and a few things in them damaged, everything with FEDEX has been packaged well, not smashed or torn and nothing damaged yet.

6. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

Why is this question asked every four months, doesn't anybody look in the archives anymore?

7. At least this one is not asked as many times as "What is the best airbrush to buy?"

8. UPS has been doing a great job lately. 2 days from Chicago, same from Georgia. a sub driver did not deliver a packge the day he was suppose to but the terminal did call me that night about delivery and they sent the package out the next morning at 7:30 AM.

FEDEX sucks, delivery time is anywhere from daylight to dark, they don't call if they cannot find my place they send the box back. Hell my Sister-in-law works for them and she can't get things delivered either.

DHL has been doning a cracker jack job, if the cant find the place they call and deliveries have been before 11:00AM!!

9. Terry Vining

Terry Vining last photo together

Mi
    maybe UPS and Fed-Ex will merge. they can call it FED-UP

10. RobinK

RobinK New Member

UPS

11. Neither anymore, and I have used both before. We are using DHL now, and they are excellent and have saved me a bunch of money so far. :)

12. Rawb

Rawb New Member

I just sent a frozen lifesize deer cape and horns to Virginia from Oregon with fedex sent it 3-day and it got there in 2 days I have had good luck with them.

13. The main reason I switched from UPS to DHL, besides the better price via DHL, is that UPS does not consider my business a business. According to their rules, if your business is located on the same property as your residence, then you are not considered a business but a residential delivery. I argued with them over and over and even talked to the manager. It doesn't matter whether your shop is a small one person operation, or a 8,0000sq/ft facility with 10 people working in it and having a huge sign saying TAXIDERMY BUSINESS, you are considered residential if it is on the property where you live. So I told them what they can do with their UPS truck and rules and switched colors from poop brown :mad: to sunny yellow. ;D

14. FishArt

FishArt Well-Known Member

If you're not concerned about getting your package in ONE PIECE, then by all means use UPS - lol! Let's see, UPS hires mostly part-timers and folks that will work less than 40 hours a week so that they do not have to pay them benefits. The truck loaders work their butts off and most quit within a few months. Not one of them could care less about your package. Having the main hub in this area I know a lot of people that work(ED) there. Believe me, you do NOT want to use them for anything important.

U.S. Post Office has the cheapest rates for me and they take care of my packages. They're the slowest of the bunch, but the packages still get there within a few days. I'd rather deal with a slow package vs. one that's beat to crap that gets there faster...