1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Was I targeted for destruction?

Discussion in 'Forum Operations' started by livbucks, Aug 27, 2008.

1. livbucks

livbucks Well-Known Member

I had a thread about printed work orders in the for sale section. I made only ONE thread on it and never intentionally bumped it. It was extremely popular, possibly setting a record for hits on here, at least in the for sale section. Sure, I made a few sales on it, but it also served a ton of people for free as in giving them ideas to make them up on their own. I helped EVERYBODY that came to me. I helped an enormous amount of folks that never followed through on the sale, and I never made a squawk about it, or embarassed anyone that used me and didn't buy in the end.
    The thread helped people share their ideas with others also, whether they bought from me or not.

Well, after all of that, it seems the thread just seemingly was erased from existence. Not sure why.
    This was the link: http://www.taxidermy.net/forum/index.php/topic,39810.0.html

I would appreciate some explanation, or even if I can get it back. I hate it when things get reposted a zillion times or intentionally bumped every day in the for sale section. I never did that. I always let it sink or swim on it's own merit.
    I am really surprised at this!
    Greg

2. miker

miker Member

OHIO
    I think things in the forsale section if nothing has been posted for a certain amount of time gets deleted. Its the same in the wanted and current events too. The oldest post in the forsale section was June 21 2008

3. livbucks

That could very well be. It sat dormant for longer previously than this time, though.
    I could be wrong, but I don't think that is it.
    Maybe they just wholesale pruned the threads to save space.

4. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

I dont think the for sale section has archives, and Im pretty sure if you check, all the older posts expire. I might be wrong...call or email Ken.

5. Ken Edwards

Ken Edwards Taxidermy.Net Administrator Staff Member

The "For Sale" and "Wanted" categories are routinely pruned. Posts which have had no new posting activity within 60 days are deleted from the system.

Because of this, we do allow post bumping in the "For Sale" and "Wanted" categories, but only after 10 days of inactivity. More frequent use of "Bump" or "ttt" messages will be removed, and repeated violations will result in account suspension. For a more detailed explanation, click on "Forum Rules" in the Quick Links box at the upper right.

6. godawgsrw

godawgsrw New Member

Is there any way to bring that post back from the dead? There was some content contained within that would really help me with some decision making and dealing with Greg, where others had posted some samples. Thanks.

7. Ken Edwards

Ken Edwards Taxidermy.Net Administrator Staff Member

No. Unfortunately there is no way to retrieve a post once it has been deleted from the database. Sorry.

8. livbucks

No big deal, I will make another at some point.
    Thanks Ken for the answer.
    Sorry that I jumped to conclusions.
    It was dormant for longer periods before and it never got deleted.
    I guess you just prune when you deem necessary, and I got bit this time.
    No big deal.
    I was trying for the longest surviving-most hits, "for sale thread" though! ;D